Monday, October 31, 2011

Knitting Finish: A Bible Tote


I finished my Bible tote that I had mentioned HERE. I am pleased with how it turned out. I just wish I hadn't made that little goof and been able to sell it. It would have been a good item to sell in my shop! It was a bit of a time-consuming project...but enjoyable, as well. I may try another one, soon, to offer in my etsy shop!


The tote handles were cabled. I just love the look of the cables and they seem to make the handles sturdier, as well!


Although an avid knitter...I have been devoting some of my time to crochet. I made a granny square, previously....and am now practicing other stitches. I am a *much* slower crocheter...but you never know, I may ~just yet~ get the hang of it!


Our hens have been laying. We are only getting an egg a day, or so, but it is definitely a start for these girls. :)


Schooling keeps us busy most mornings (and sometimes in the afternoon too!). I am using the McGuffey's Eclectic Primer (in addition to Learning to Read and other kindergarten materials HERE & HERE from Christian Light Education) for Jaxson's education this year...


Xavier working on some schoolwork...


Jaxson...the littlest bean in our bunch...


Madelyn made a fun mask for herself...although she realized, after she put it on, that she didn't space the eye holes out enough! ;)


Today I am quite sore and achy! Chris's grandpa is 87 years old and has a wood stove to heat his home. He *still* cuts, splits, and stacks his own wood! His hands are so strong and tough, he doesn't even wear gloves! The cold has set in our area...and he didn't have enough wood to get him through winter. It is always better to do things as a team....so after church and a quick lunch, my mother-in-love kept the babies of the family while the rest of us, clad in old clothes, gloves, coats, boots and hats, went to get wood! The men-folk chopped down and cut up the trees, loaded them in trucks and then brought them to Papa B's house. That's where us women folk stacked it all. My children and nephews helped too (such good, hard workers they were)! We worked all through the afternoon. By the time the guys had a dump-truck load full of wood brought down, us gals had gotten the previous load stacked. After the very last load was dumped for us to stack, the guys were finished with the cutting and loading so they came and helped stack too! My, everything got done twice as fast, then! :)  

Today, we (at least I do...I imagine the others do as well) have that good-feeling-sort-of-pain. I know the help blessed Papa B but it also blessed the rest of us. Hard work is good for the mind, body and soul. I am, today, in full understanding of how truly out-of-shape I am! ;o) I am also so proud to be part of a family that will work together for the good of another. I wish I would have remembered to take my camera...we were all filthy! It would have been such a hoot to look back upon one day! 

I gotta run (hobble would be a better word...as my aching back and legs won't allow much "running" at the moment!)! 
Things to do; life to live...You have a *great* day!

Kindly,
Katy

Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied. 
1 Peter 1:2b

11 comments:

  1. Love your Bible tote!! I love how Families come together to help one another:) It always seems to *Warm Your Heart* Have a Blessed Day:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It warms my heart to hear about a family coming together to help another! I find that giving really blesses me more then the person receiving. Something so fullfilling about it.

    Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your tote also =) Wow. And your cables are so neat and orderly. Your family looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the tote looks great!

    i didn't know you could crochet as well? i am absolutely horrible at it... but i try. never get very far!

    papa B was probably so grateful to have such wonderful family to help him out!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beautiful, have a good time


    marylin France

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your tote! Ever since I got some of your washclothes I've been inspired to learn a yarn craft. I just finished a crochet series class and can now hobble my way through a washcloth and am attempting a scarf! I really enjoy your blog. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great tote! I loved reading about your wood chopping and stacking. What a big job it is, but it does build unity doesn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Bible tote is something I could really use...it is so handy! The hens are starting to provide... I know you are feeling blessed to get those. Families who stick together and work together ~are~ so blessed...I too have such a family!
    Don't forget our giveaway...Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the tote. I want one. Smiles. Love it.

    Blessings, Katy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Bible tote is beautiful. My hens still are not layin. Your fresh clean eggs are pretty. Togeatherness is the best way to get anything done. I am sure God will bless each of you for your love & kindness. Sending a little prayer up for you. Remove those aces & pains. Blessings!
    Lara

    ReplyDelete
  11. The tote came out absolutely beautiful Katy! I'm hoping to see some in your etsy shop soon :-)

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy