Saturday, October 29, 2011

"See the pretty snowflakes...

...Falling from the sky;
On the wall and housetops
Soft and thick they lie.

On the window ledges,
On the branches bare;
Now how fast they gather,
Filling all the air.

Look into the garden,
Where the grass was green;
Covered by the snowflakes,
Not a blade is seen.

Now the bare black bushes
All look soft and white,
Every twig is laden,
What a pretty sight!"
~Anonymous



As I type, there is a steady snow falling outside the windows. I am so thankful to be *inside* where we are warm and snug....with the heat from the wood stove, afghans and quilts. It seems that it is going to be a slow-moving sort of day. We'll do chores around the house, read, watch movies, maybe do some baking and knitting too! Chris's neck and shoulders have been hurting him the past couple of days...I may be in charge of loading the wood stove today!

Yesterday, we joined my sister, aunt, mom and others at the Manor, where my grandmother lives for a bit of a party. Although we don't *do* Halloween, we still went to *be* there and show the older ladies and gentlemen that we do care about them. It seems to bring them joy when children are there visiting. :)

I made some fun cupcakes to take...


My niece, Eloise, was there...dressed as her dog, Boo! (Devon made her costume!)...


Xavier and El...


All the children with my grandma (Xavier...always a character; making faces)...


Jaxson and Mama...


After spending an hour and a half there...it was time to go. We went to my dad's garage (the central meeting zone for us where we can all visit). My Chris and the squeezle...


My sister trying out a side-french braid on Madelyn's hair...


All done! I think it looks great!


Madelyn and Eloise...


X and El...


Jaxson and Eloise...


Who's that beautiful baby?


Oh! It's **You**!


It has been at least 3 years or so since I have last had my hair trimmed. Madelyn's hadn't been trimmed in quite a long time either. My aunt graciously met us at my dad's shop and gave us trims!


Madelyn's hair, angled in the front and trimmed at the back...still long and lovely but much healthier looking!


My sister got her hair *cut* as well! I took pictures but I think she will share them on her BLOG instead! It looks really nice! She had been so nervous to get as much cut as she did...but it turned out wonderfully! She hasn't posted the photos yet...but keeping checking back to her blog! :) 

As the snow continues to fall, I best *start* my day...although I have been up for hours...like I said at the beginning of this post, it's a slow-moving-sort-of-day! It's time for a hot shower and to get things done! I hope you enjoy your weekend. Thanks for stopping by! 

Warmly,
Katy

Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.
  1 Peter 1:2b

14 comments:

  1. Snow!!! Its beautiful..I want snow now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We use to go visit my grandmother at the nursing home all of the time. Last month was the anniversary of her passing away. I miss her so much. This post was so sweet and brought back so many memories.

    Hugs,
    Lee Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  3. My...so many have snow already...is this normal for y'all or are we in for a very hard winter? I am just wondering...its cold here in Texas this morning but,I am sure there is no chance of the pretty white stuff for months :) Being with family is always a fun time,no matter what you are doing....looks like you all had a great fellowship. The baby's costume is so cute....blessings

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to miss my Grandma!! She went to Heaven on Tues. to be with my Grandpa, and to finally meet Jesus:) Enjoy the time you have left...my Grandma didn't know us at the end, but I always had a feeling deep down down she did:) My cousin just called and said it was *snowing* were they live. Love the pictures...:) Have a Blessed Weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh how lucky you have snow! Here in France you must go to the mountains if some snow ... have your cake looks delicious, as I said before: he must live in your home ....
    I'm sorry for my bad English
    friendships France marylin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! I wish we had snow. We have had cold rain here in NC. Snow in our mountains. Loved your pictures. All the cildren are adorable. What a beautiful head of hair Madelyn has!
    Love ya!
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would LOVE to see snow this early in the year. How blesed you are ;- ) Stay warm!

    Amanda
    Matthew 6:33

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful head of hair and a beautiful young lady.:)I can't beleive it is snowing there. I want some. :) I hope Chris is feeling better soon and you have a wonderful weekend. The cupcakes were a nice treat. I know everyone enjoyed them.

    Blessings,
    Tiffany
    www.theboydbunch.wordpress.com
    www.homeschoolhomestead.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. although I'm glad it's not snowing here today... I am a bit envious that you have snow! The first snow fall is so magical.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how peaceful it feels when the snow is falling. Here in Central Indiana we are still experiencing fall, but it is starting to get really chilly. I know soon the snow will fly and I am ready to snuggle up inside.

    Madelyn's hair looks great. I am always amazed how just a little trim will make it feel so much better.

    Hope Chris is feeling better! Enjoy your snow and stay warm and cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't believe you guys have snow already! Awesome! :)
    Madelyn's braid is beautiful.
    Your neice is always so adorable. I know you must get lots of good sugar from her! :)
    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow snow already..Glad you were all safe at home and cozy..
    love the pics..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow snow already!!! any pictures of your trim?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, the snow is so pretty, Katy! We still wait here in MN to see our first flakes. Can't wait! I'm not a fan of going out in it, but it sure is beautiful to look at! And that Lil Miss Eloise is just the cutest thing! Hopefully she gets a head full of thick gorgeous hair of her own one day so her momma can try out new braids on her girl too. :-) Hope you are having a blessed weekend! Stay cozy! ~Kelly in MN

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy