Thursday, October 6, 2011

Beautiful Days of Autumn

Autumn, the year's last, loveliest smile.
                                                                                       ~ William Cullen Bryant


Mmm, the sweetness of fall...the smell of the air changes, do you notice that? I wish I could bottle it. No candle or spray can quite capture that perfect scent (although some do come close!).


Everyone must take time to sit 
and watch the leaves turn. 
                                                        ~ Elizabeth Lawrence

The clothes, out on the line, soak in that wonderful smell and the sunshine...



I cannot endure to waste anything as precious as autumn sunshine by staying in the house. 
So I spend almost all the daylight hours in the open air.
                                                                                         ~ Nathaniel Hawthorne


Even my Ruthers enjoys the sunshine...



Although many hours are spent playing out-of-doors...time also must be spent indoors, doing schoolwork and housework...


Madelyn (above) and Xavier (below) working on some of their schoolwork. For anyone new that is visiting, and wants to know, for the majority of our work, we use Christian Light Education (however, we don't use it exclusively. We use other things for Science and History!). 


Jaxson, finished with his schoolwork for the day, sits in the living room looking at books while I work with the other two children...


My stack of teacher's books, planners and the like...


In the kitchen, I stay busy with dishes and preparing meals...




Daily reads...




October is a symphony of permanence and change.
                                                                                         ~ Bonaro W. Overstreet


I finished a new dish cloth and it is now listed in my shop! 



I'm excited, for today I get to see Eloise! It's been a few weeks since I have gotten to see her cheerful face! I had been sick for a bit, and didn't want to pass it on to her. It has been quite torture, as she is so much fun to be around! :) Today my sister and she are coming to town and we are getting to meet with them! I am just *sure* that Eloise has missed her Aunt Katy as much as I have missed her! ;) 

The children and I need to finish working on our schooling so we can have time today to *visit* with Devon and El! So I better get movin'! You have a great day! :)

Warmly,
Katy
Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.
1 Peter 1:2b

10 comments:

  1. Good Morning Katy! Fall is our favorite time of the year!! Have a good day visiting with your Family!!

    Blessings to all:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are feeling better and back to your happy busy self! If i havent introduced myself..I am Christy (a new blogger) stop by and visit sometime :) Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katy, I love reading your blog. You sound like such a sweet and loving person. Your blog lifts me up everyday. Have a great time visiting family today and may God continue to bless you and your family. Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't been able to read your blogs in a while and I have missed them. :) I love Fall, it's such a beautiful time of year, the air, the smell, the colors. Everything about it. :)
    God Bless,
    -Ashlee

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love fall...its alovely tiem of year just as your pictures and words describe!!! Enjoy your little niece and your sister today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like we are enjoying the same time of weather. My heart sings with the sunshine and blue sky! Have a wonderful visit with E.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just loving this time of year as well. Lovely photos, beautiful quotes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We love the smell of autumn also. One of the things I've missed is raking and piling the leaves. allergies are bothering me now! Thanks for sharing. Have a good weekend! Hugs! Oh, please give that pretty little one a hug for me! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haven't the last few days here in PA been just gorgeous! So welcome after all that rain. Katy, you seem to accomplish so much in one day, care to share your homemaking schedule sometime? Blessings to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you enjoyed your visit with El and your sister. I agree, fall is special. I traveled to PA once. The stop was breif and I must say it was absolutely breathtaking. It is on my bucket list to visit again. Hopefully, when my newly published guide hits the shelves, I will get the chance to visit your beautiful state if I get the chance to speak at a homeschool convention there. I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

    Blessings,
    Tiffany
    www.theboydbunch.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy