Wednesday, October 5, 2011

No Idle Hands Here!


Despite the rain, we have been keeping our hands busy, here at home. We spend our mornings working on schoolwork...astronomy, handwriting, reading, math, language arts and more! Afternoons are full of baking, knitting, playing, housework and reading. I am so thrilled...today is suppose to be full of sunshine! It will be wonderful to get freshly-washed clothes out on the clothesline to dry.

This past Monday, the children and I traveled over an hour away to our pediatric dentist. Xavier had to go under sedation and have some work done. While holding him in the recovery room, as he woke from being sedated, we talked a bit....mostly about how his teeth hurt (the numbing felt strange to him) and how he wanted to start off home. All of a sudden, as he is snuggled in against me, he says, "Who *are* you?"! I couldn't help but giggle at this! I told him that I was mama and immediately, he leaned up, numb lips and all, and gave me a kiss on the cheek. It was truly sweet and funny. It is a memory I will keep and hold dear to my heart.

From our days ~ 

Freshly baked wheat bread...


Cinnamon swirl bread (although my third bread pan is MIA...so I had to use a different dish to bake it in..thus is the reason it's not shaped perfectly....but it still tasted great!)...


Madelyn, knitting in the round...


Pumpkin hats, I have finished recently, for custom orders...



Chris has been building the goat pens! I am really excited!



I hear little footsteps upstairs. The day is beginning. Oh, hear comes Jaxson, down the stairs. I just got a morning hug and kiss. :) It's going to be a good day. I can just tell! I hope your day is great too...start it off with a smile! 

Warmly,
Katy 
Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.
  1 Peter 1:2b

11 comments:

  1. I love having busy hands....

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a day when I float from one task to another. My little woke up being silly and had lots of giggles. I agree it is going to be a good day! :) Enjoy the sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bread looks yummy. I love making bread and seeing it go from dough to fresh baked bread.

    Have a wonderful day and enjoy the sunshine.

    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your bread looks delish! I'm glad your little one's dental surgery turned out well. What a sweet story. Sunshine today here as well. We are celebrating our baby girl's birthday today so it will be a perfect day here as well.

    Blessings,
    Tiffany
    www.theboydbunch.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sunshine here today as well:) Already have 3 loads outside on the line. No Idle Hands Here either:)))I'm thinking today would be a wonderful day to do some Homeshooling work outside:) Enjoy your day of Sunshine:)

    Blessings to All:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your bread looks good enough to eat...LOL! I love freshly baked bread. I know you will hold that special moment with your son dear for a long time...something to share with him when he gets older. When I tell my son about ours, he always kiss me on the cheek as he did those long years ago! What special memories! Have a good week! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your pumpkin hats are adorable, Katie!

    Hope you do have a wonderful day!

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning to you Katy!! As I read your blog and type my comment to you...my littlest girls are having a great time building with Legos....indeed it will be a good day! Yesterday I was so discouraged but feel better this morning and your post made me smile:) What a sweet memory created at the dentist office. Very precious! HAve an awesome day! Enjoy the sunshine!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy