Friday, October 14, 2011

"To think creatively...


...we must be able to look afresh at what we normally take for granted." 
~George Kneller

"To unpathed waters, undreamed shores."  
~William Shakespeare

Are these boys with swords or valiant knights, preparing for battle? What do you see? 


Is this a girl or a lovely damsel (whose sword is hidden beneath her...a wise lady she is!)?...


I found the fantastic swords from Vision Forum! They had a sale...and although the *big* clearance is over...they are still well priced! (The worst part is the shipping!) Oh the fun the children have had. I have had to remind them (more than a few times) that they are not for battling *each* other!

Yesterday, the children went over to visit our elderly neighbors...the Mrs. is an avid gardener and teaches the children many wonderful things about different types of plants, trees, fruits and flowers! They came home with flowers, picked for me by them and the Mrs.! Aren't they just beautiful?


As the days pass by...each one inching closer and closer to winter...the sun falls and night appears quicker. I naturally wake early, each morning (before 5), and find myself ready for bed quite early. Chris enjoys teasing me about this! ;) I've always been more of the early bird...it's how I'm *wired*, I suppose!


Last evening, after supper was finished and cleaned up...Chris spent time reading with the boys...


How they revel in their daddy's attention!


Madelyn and I spend lots of our spare time knitting. As *bedtime* neared, eyelids got heavy (the childrens' and mine!). After everyone is tucked in and snug for the night, myself included, I attempt to get a bit of reading in...from my Bible and other books on my pile...but I rarely get far...as sleep takes over so quickly! Can anyone relate? Oh...and I must add that I think daily *naps* are a wonderful thing (although I rarely get one...I think they are just great!)!! :)


There wasn't much rhythm or excitement in this post...but I just wanted to share a bit, while I could. We traveled to my sister's house today and spent a few hours with her and Eloise! Now that we are home, the children are waiting for me so we can start a movie together (there is cleaning and things to be done...but they can wait a while!). So...I best get going...wishing you all a happy weekend ahead! Thanks for visiting me here! :)

Kindly,
Katy 

Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.
1 Peter 1:2b

13 comments:

  1. Our days pattern has changed a bit with my husbands work schedule change. We often don't get schoolwork done until later in the day. I usually like to get it done in the morning but we like to be available to do things with him - today we went for a drive and stopped to get ice cream! Simple things....

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katy!

    Enjoyed your pictures (as usual). (: I tell ya, that Miss Madelyn of yours is just beautiful! My boys enjoyed swords (light sabers) when they were little. It was always so tempting to battle each other (but they sure had fun!). My daughter and I went on a hunt for pretty leaves this afternoon. I wonder, have you made those Mason jar (Autumn leaves) lanterns yet? Our collection is being pressed out as I type. We're going to try it this weekend thanks to your earlier post. (: Should be fun!

    Have a lovely weekend! (:

    Mitzi

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're funny, because I LOVE this post! Your kids sounds like so much fun! I would play sword fight with them anytime :-)

    And those pictures of "LIFE" just makes me smile :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post. I can relate to the falling asleep portion. I'm one who falls asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow and wake early in the morn. I suppose old habits are hard to get rid of. Love the family time that you and your family have. I can remember my family having those times together. Now, all are grown and live too far from grandma! Have a great weekend! Love You!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katy, I love your pictures of life! Every minutes is so very precious! My beloved Mama always taught me that housework and chores will ALWAYS be there, but your Littles grow far too quickly and you don't want to miss a second! Thanks so much for sharing!
    Warm wishes...
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the lamp picture. Are those buttons in the bottom?

    Have a wonderful weekend with your family.

    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  7. My son loved his sword when he was smaller. Pretend play is such an amazing adventure, and so much better than television! Great Dad is spending time with his children. Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just enjoyed this post. I love the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We love Vision forum. :) Looks like your little ones are enjoying themselves. We have a hard time getting to bed at night around here but I prefer to rise early. It seems like I get more done that way. Hope you have a great weekend.

    Blessings,
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  10. I enjoyed this post too! Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So enjoyed the post what a special
    family you are....
    Madelyn is such a beauty ...
    Many Blessings
    hugs
    Ladybug

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello kids are great what a beautiful family,
    marylin friendships of France

    ReplyDelete
  13. would love to make the fall latern., but with mre living in the sunshine state., we dont have pretty and colorful leaves like u all do up north,,,,it would have been so fun growing up with a sister,and now u can enjoy your little neice eloise., she sure is a cutie

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy