Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Baking, Knitting and Playing in the Leaves!


Knitting takes up most of my spare time. I actually have ~eek~ *4* projects going at once! I'm working on dish cloths, a baby sweater and a baby sleep sack! I alternate knitting between all of them!

I have also, now that the weather has cooled down (after the heat of summer), began baking more...

I like baking breads on my stones as much as I can. They give a more even bake and don't burn!




Monkey bread...for my little *monkeys*...


And with fall comes candles...many lit daily (and thoroughly enjoyed!)...


 We don't celebrate (or even acknowledge) Halloween...but this candle was a gift and it smells just wonderful as it burns...



My sister came to town yesterday. She had an appointment and asked if we would watch the squeezle (aka: Eloise). Of course, the children and I were thrilled to agree! :o)

Xavier, El and Ruthie-the-Dog...


Eloise and Great-Big-Ol'-Smiley Madelyn...


The Jaxsy-Boy...


On a beautiful day in October...who can resist raking up all the leaves and playing in them??? That littlest love, amongst my children, is my nephew (I watched him a bit, yesterday, as well)...


Madelyn making *leaf-angels*...


Eloise, watching from the arms of Aunt Katy (although she *really* wanted to get in those leaves!!!)...


Look at those faces...smiles abound! I just love it!





Madelyn and the Squeezle!


It's raining today. It's not something I am sad about though, for who can be sad after the beautiful days we were given earlier this week? Today is grocery day. Lists are made and ready to go. We'll go early today...as later, I will be watching my nephew again for a bit. We'll do our schooling in the later morning today (another great thing about home education...flexibility!). I also need to run to the post office and get some newly-ordered dish cloths out in the mail! I am blessed...almost as soon as I get the dish cloths made and *in* my shop, they get purchased! Thank-you! :)

Until next time, Lord willing, I leave you with this bit of encouragement...

"But however long you may have continued in rebellion, and how ever black and long the catalog of your sins, yet if you will now turn to God by a sincere repentance, and believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, you shall not be cast out." 
~ Archibald Alexander

Warmly,
Katy :)
Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied. 
1 Peter 1:2b

18 comments:

  1. Raking and jumping in the leaves has been a daily event around here the last few days. So fun! Sounds like your days have been busy and overflowing with wonderful things. :)

    Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photo of Jaxson with the missing tooth. It is raining here as well, but a calming raining.

    Enjoy your day!

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures Katy! So precious - - children's innocent play. I bet it was "fun" (; picking all the leaves out of Madelyn's (gorgeous) hair! hehe (:

    Got the dish cloths yesterday! REALLY like them - they're so soft. I think I will keep the basket weaved cloth for myself. (: Thanks Katy!

    Have a great day!

    Mitzi

    ReplyDelete
  4. The children are just adorable, such sweet smiles! I'm very thankful your projects are selling well. They are lovely. It's always lovely to visit you and your home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your bread looks so good. I haven't tried baking on a stone.

    Your kids sure had fun with the leaves.

    Have a wonderful day with your family.

    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's raining here too!

    I am about to head out to breakfast with my husband! He goes to work later this afternoon.

    Such a cozy type of day...

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always love seeing your photos. I can feel the peace, serenity and love in each photo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The baby is beautiful! My kids are waiting for more leaves to come down so,they can play too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this post dear Katy! You always get me in the mood for baking bread. And I would really like to buy some dish cloths soon. Take care and God bless you and your beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Katy, your posts are like a warm cup of coffee for me.:) Your sweet spirit is such an encouragement. What fun your kiddos are having in the leaves. I agree, there is nothing more fullfilling than watching those sweet faces in childhood abandon. I too am eternally grateful for the ability to homeschool. My cup runneth over. Rain is in the forecast for us also. I hope you enjoy your week.

    Blessings,
    Tiffany
    www.theboydbunch.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks like beautiful days around your home! The bread looks yummy! We are using our oil lamps more. The leaves look like fun to jump into! My children enjoy doing that too! :) Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How I love the last quote!!! Freedom in Christ and a new beginning to do the right! And your fall is so beautiful every year...here it rains and rains but I am thankful:) Its all good...we are healthy and happy and thats all that matters!! God bless you today!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your pictures of the blessing of home and family! You make me want to bake some bread, light a candle and learn to knit!

    Blessings,
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your little shelf Katie with your jars all set out in a row, so country and homely. I have some new metal little shelves in my kitchen where I have my jams and jars of herbs displayed. I'm waiting on my husband to put up a new long wooden shelf for my bigger jars using the ornate rustic brackets we found on ebay. He has so many projects on the go such as the treehouse he is building (it is amazing!) so I will have to be patient and pray for a rainy day! Your bread as always looks delicious. I made cinnamon buns yesterday and was just about to pop them in the oven when the power went off. 8 hours later it cam back on - I made the world's biggest cinnamon buns but the extra long rising meant that they tasted yeasty - just awful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love my stones. I need your bread recipe and the monkey bread. I tried some and it flopped. Sniff!! I havent' checked here in a while. But as always I am always thrilled and love being at your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  16. tough choices. a bundle of cutie potooties! don't know who has the biggest smile , the bebe or her cousin. your post made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the pictures...We don't celebrate Halloween either, at our Church they have a trunk or treat, which is nice for the kids, and they also have a chili and roasted hot dog supper. Sounds like your days have been busy, like wise here. Happy Schooling!!

    Have a Blessed Day:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Katy:

    I started my 1st knitting lesson today, and I'm so excited!!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy