Saturday, October 1, 2011

It's October First!

Without Him, I am nothing. 
Without Him, I am wretched. 
Without Him, I am lost.


It's raining here in Western PA. A nice, steady fall-like rain. Leaves are fluttering to the ground all around the trees and there's a chill in the air. I sit here with my slippers on (as we haven't started the wood-stove yet), flowery skirt and black top. Lunch is cooking...meatballs are in the oven and water is warming to a boil for the pasta. Meatloaf is made and put in the fridge, to cook later, for supper. Bread dough is rising...to be made into loaves later *as well as one loaf into cinnamon bread*!

How beautifully leaves grow old.  How full of light and color are their last days.  ~John Burroughs

We are watching one of our nephews for a few hours today. He sticks to Madelyn like glue...prefers her over me or anyone else! It's sweet and she basks in each and every moment of it! They (the children) are all watching a movie, at the moment. I was watching with them for a bit while working on my knitting, but then had to stop to begin preparing lunch. As it cooks, I am just taking a few short moments to say *hello*! It's the very first day of October!

October gave a party;The leaves by hundreds came -The Chestnuts, Oaks, and Maples,And leaves of every name.The Sunshine spread a carpet,And everything was grand,Miss Weather led the dancing,Professor Wind the band.

~George Cooper, "October's Party"

It's a nice, slow fall day and I am enjoying it immensely! I hope, wherever you are, that you are enjoying your day, as well! Thanks for the visit!!

Warmly,
Katy 

Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied. 
1 Peter 1:2b

10 comments:

  1. Enjoy your day, Katy!

    I love October!

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are also enjoying a "slow day". Like you bread is rising, lunch is being cooked and dinner is about to be prepared. I LOVE the Fall and Oct. is one of my favorite month's...it the month of my Husband's birthday, and my late Grandpa's, and it's when all of the beautiful tree's start changing in color!

    Enjoy your day...and have a Blessed weekend!! :)
    ~Lisa~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your day sounds so peaceful..enjoy it, because you certainly deserve it! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just lovely!
    October is a golden month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a wonderful slow day to me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i pray its a stress free month...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the quotes in your post, there is definitely something musical about fall! take care!
    christina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Katy....I love your poems and quotes that you so often add to your blog. Very uplifting.....many put a big smile on my face. Thank you.

    Enjoy the week.
    Susannah

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely...praying you are all past your illness and well again....blessings

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy