Monday, October 10, 2011

"October gave a party...

 ...The leaves by hundreds came -
The Chestnuts, Oaks, and Maples, 
and leaves of every name.
The sunshine spread a carpet, 
And everything was grand, 
Miss Weather led the dancing,
Professor Wind the band."
~George Cooper


I should think I would like to grow old as the leaves do. Delicate and fragile, yes, but absolutely beautiful and splendid to look at. Not just by the outward color they show...but rather the radiance they project....declaring the beauty and glory of God in His creation. There is truly no way for anyone to capture the Autumnal beauty that God gives us each year. It is, by far, my favorite season....although I am thankful for the other seasons as well...for they help me to appreciate Autumn all the more! :)




Isn't it grand that the trees turn different colors...and at different times? It makes for gorgeous scenery. Imagine if all the leaves turned red...all at the same time...everywhere. That would be just awful!


Although it is more beautiful outside, the beauty of fall can be captured in-doors as well! As I sit and knit in the living room, I often take looks out the window and find myself in awe of it all.


I light candles often...their scent permeates the house and can turn a sour mood into a good one, quickly! :)


One evening for supper, we had the frugal meal of hamburger gravy over mashed potatoes...


Schooling happens every morning...thinking, learning, questioning, answering, practicing...


Below is a photo of homemade whole-wheat crackers...a recipe found by my sister at Heavenly Homemakers and shared with me. They are really good...and quite simple to make!


We got to visit with my sister and the squeezle, last week, at my dad's garage...




Saturday morning was spent cleaning and organizing the garage to prepare for the arrival of our newest goats! It should be soon and I am terribly excited! :o) That afternoon, we attended the wedding of Chris's cousin. It was held outside on a gorgeous (and unseasonably warm) day! It was such a nice time but for one thing...the Asian Ladybugs. They were everywhere and I fear I am allergic to them. I have had reactions anytime they are on my skin. Saturday was no exception. The right side of my neck is covered in bites or hives...whatever they are, they are itchy! While at the wedding reception my eyes started getting terribly itchy, red and puffy. I wear contacts and hadn't brought my glasses along. We stayed through until the dancing was beginning and then came home. I was so relieved to take out my contacts and put my glasses on. I am still battling a bit of discomfort and itchiness with my eyes but I am just trying *not* to touch them.

Sunday, after church, we went to a picnic with family.


My dad brought the go-karts (that I had posted about before, HERE)...


Chris set up cones and a *track* for the children. My littles and my nephews took turns riding and driving the karts round and round!


Jaxson...


Xavier...


They had such a great time! While there, I got bit by some pesky bugs, again! Mid-afternoon, I decided I was ready to come home and be inside...where the chances of bug bites were lessened! Chris and I had driven seperately...so they stayed and kept driving the go-karts while I came home to knit and rest a bit. 

Sunday evening, after Chris and the children came home, we enjoyed a lovely time together....singing worship songs, doing devotions, talking, and laughing. We all sat around the table with projects...the children coloring and reading...Chris working on his leather work and me with my knitting! A full and glorious day it was, for each of us! 

Today, I am thankful for another beautiful October sky...weather reports promising good weather! I have clothes to hang out and housework to accomplish. The children and I will do schooling...and then I am sure, they will want to enjoy some play-time outside! Dishes and baking await me, as well, today! 

I hope you are able to enjoy your day...no matter what it holds for you. :) I was worried I wasn't going to be able to post pictures...my camera was not "communicating" with my computer. After downloading updates and other things...I finally found a possible solution. I had *too* many pictures on my camera. I deleted some from my memory card and voila...problem solved! Whew! 

The house won't tidy itself....the children are doing some picking up now...so I suppose it's time for me to get moving, as well! So glad you visited! 

Warmly,
Katy

Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied. 
1 Peter 1:2b

10 comments:

  1. I Hope You Feel Better Today!! We also have those pesty little lady-bugs here. Your leave pictures are just beautiful!!:)
    Have a Blessed Day:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. your crackers look thick!! but aren't they so good?!

    somehow i missed your go-kart post from last week... i will have to go check it out now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you are enjoying the lovely days of Autumn! The photos you took are so beautiful! Happy Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those pesky bugs! My Megan has issues with them as well. It seems I am giving her a dose of Benadryl every other day due to the hives. Ugh!

    So do your crackers taste anything like Wheat Thins? I love Wheat Thins and would be delighted to be able to make them at home. Not only do the store bought crackers have not so good things in them they are expensive!

    Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite part is all of you around the table with yout projects..so precious! Hope you will feel a 100% soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am allergic to contact lenses.
    Had cataracts taken off and perm.
    corrective lenses implanted.
    I now have 20 20 vision.
    No glasses or contacts needed.
    After 50 years of wearing glasses.
    Thanks to the skill of the surgeon.

    Pamela
    Ohio

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your views are beautiful with all the colors. We don't have a lot of color where we live.

    The crackers look wonderful. It is similar to one that I make.

    Have a wonderful day with your family.

    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  8. It all sounds so cozy! My mama and I love Fall, too--it's so beautiful! We love lighting our candles--cinnamon, pumpkin, etc.

    Tell Maddie hi for me, please!

    God bless you!
    Joy :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your fall photos are breathtaking. I can't wait for the leaves to begin turning here. :) I have seen several recipes for crackers but haven't tried them. I will have to put that on my bucket list. Hope your allergies settle down soon.

    Blessings,
    Tiffany
    www.theboydbunch.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy