Friday, October 7, 2011

Making A Home for Penny, Pearl and Polly


Chris was working on the goat pens, specifically the door to one of the pens, the other night. He let the children help him (which takes some extra time and patience, but oh ~ how it blesses me to watch them learn and *glow* when they get to help daddy!).

Xavier, waiting his turn...


Jaxson looks on as Chris helps Madelyn with the drill...



Xavier's turn...


Jaxson gets to drill in some screws too!


Inside the back end of our old, large garage (which I think should be dubbed the *barn*;)...


Chris setting up the door!


I believe I should be able to pick up the *kids* (Pearl and Polly) in a week or so! That is when they will be ready to leave their mother! I am *really* looking forward to it! :) We will finish getting the "barn" area ready for them...cozy and comfy pens, hay bales stacked...and find new homes for the mowers (as that is where they are stored at the moment)! :)

Look! It's me...can you see me in the reflection of the window? It's dark...but I *am* there...


Heading back to the house, I noticed how warm and cozy it looked to look in the windows. The picture does *not* do it justice, at all! My little cottage....a home I am thankful for, truly!


Thank you for your always thoughtful and encouraging comments and emails. I treasure each one! Such joy it gives to be encouraged by others! 

I have been asked about my daily schedule and how I accomplish so much in a day...I have posted my general daily schedule before...you can find many links to my schedule, things I do and my love for homemaking HERE or HERE! Honestly, I am just a normal wife and mother with the same 24 hour days! I do laundry, dishes and scrub the toilets! Yes, I bake and cook from scratch...and although it takes some planning and a smidge of extra time and effort...it really isn't difficult to do! I spend time knitting while listening to sermons by, for example, Voddie Baucham, Paul Washer or Kim Riddlebarger online....or while watching a movie with the children. I do dishes, dust and sweep the floors during the day...when they need done. 

 I am terribly far from perfect....just spending the days trying to be an honorable wife and mother, seeking to behave in a way that would please God...always seeking to be more like Jesus. He, the Almighty, came to earth to serve. It is my goal, daily, to serve others...cheerfully and selflessly. I fall short, often...but continually cling to Jesus. His Word is a source of strength, wisdom and encouragement for a tired and weary woman. :) Always remember...never be too *busy* to spend quality time with your husband and children....for they are what is truly important! :) 

Off I go! It's getting late and I am an early-bird, not a night-owl. I've been up since 4:45 this morning...not on purpose, just the time my body wakes naturally (when we "fall back" with the time change...I'm going to be in heaps of trouble...I'll be waking even earlier! eek!)! I am scheduling this post to appear tomorrow (Friday) morning...I hope you will forgive any rambling, misspellings or jibberish...as it is nearing 10:30pm and I am plum-tuckered-out! I hope you each enjoy your Friday...and the weekend ahead! Thanks, so much, for taking the time to visit! 

Warmly,
Katy

Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.
1 Peter 1:2b

9 comments:

  1. It warms my heart to see Daddy's slowing down and encouraging their children. :) It looks like the 3 p's are going to have a cozy little pod!

    Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i don't see you in the window reflection at all! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. The new home looks like it will be comfy and cozy for penny and pearl.
    And a wonderful time spent with the kids for Dad. They grow up way to fast! Enjoy the weekend ahead!
    God Bless
    colleen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I appreciate how you guys teach (with patience) all three of your children ALL types of chores and not what's stereotypical for genders. Ours do a bit of everything and it seems to have built confidence in preparation of leaving the nest. (: So far, so good with our oldest who is in college. (Wooster) ( ;
    He gets to come home this weekend and we'll be celebrating my husband's birthday too. We're looking forward to a "lovely" weekend - - No doubt! (: Thanks for your note yesterday, Katy. You're such a sweet heart!

    Smiles & well wishes sent your way!

    Mitzi

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with your sister, Katy. I was also going to mention that I couldn't see your reflection. ( :

    Mitzi

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful post:) I hope you are having a day full of Sunshine! Here in the midwest we are having another beautiful day:) Time to get another load of laundry hung out on the line:) Take Care and Have a Blessed Weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Katy,
    I stumbled upon your blog a while back. I so enjoy it! I love your heart first of all for the Lord, then for your husband and kids and home! I love your "simpleness". I would love to know what items are in your pantry. I am trying to "stock up" in these hard times and need some help! THanks again for your heart and sharing! Pam

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is nothing like learning from "hand's on" experience!

    You are blessed and may you continue to be as you please the Lord in all you do at home! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Katy its so fun to watch your little homestead grow and to see the whole family chipping in to do it!! Can't wait to see your babies all snug in their new home.:0)
    And don't it make you frustrated when you know a picture is not truely protraying what you know it should?! It happens to me all the time!!LOL Have a wonderful weekend my friend!!~hugs~

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy