Monday, October 29, 2007

Pumpkin Time!

Today was a good day! I got so much accomplished and I just feel good. Don't you just love days like that? I stripped the beds, washed sheets and bedding and remade all the beds with fresh smelling and feeling sheets! AHHHH!!!! :) I got a lot of cleaning done...and i also made a 1 2 3 4 Cake! It was the first time i ever made one...and it went well! I also made homemade buttercream frosting for it! (although, my powdered sugar was kinda clumpy and didn't make the exact icing i wanted...but it still tasted great!)



My sister came over for supper (stuffed chicken breasts, mashed potatoes and green beans...yum!) and then we all went over to our neighbors who we just adore, to carve pumpkins! We had a really nice time and i took the cake over there and we all enjoyed it with some apple cider! :) It was a nice evening. Here is a pic of the cake...although i forgot to take a pic before we actually dove into it! LOL See how my icing was chunky? Oh well....chunks of pure sugar...YUMMM!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


I am not a major fan of Halloween...but I think cute/fun costumes can be fun and i think pumpkin carving can be a ton of fun as well. Great fellowship etc. We don't take the evil aspect of the halloween! We just take it as another fun excuse for us to get together and have a great time! Here's some pics of us with the pumpkins...the girl with dark hair helping the kids is my sister :)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

AND...the finished product!!!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket




Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. "How FUN!!" I kept telling my hubby to carve pumpkins last night so we are doing at the last minute...tonight:-(( I so wanted to do it too last night. I love the cake picture..."looks so yummy!" Isn't it fun to have a tradition every year.."carving the pumpkin?!!"
    xo Jeannene

    ReplyDelete
  2. "....OH YEAH, forgot to tell you, i love your pictures on your side bar..your family is so lovely."
    xo jeannene

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like they were having a good time!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cake look great! Thanks Katy now I'm hungry LOL!
    Looks like you guys had fun carving pumpkins & what a great job you all did.
    Love & Prayers,
    Court:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We dont celebrate halloween either but love carving pumpkins and go to an annual harvest party at church.

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy