Friday, October 12, 2007

From the Word Friday!

"A happy heart makes the face cheerful, but heartache crushes the spirit," ~Proverbs 15:13

Oh my gosh, how true is that statement? But at the same time....if you are hurting emotionally...it isn't always easy to just be happy and cheerful and forget about what you are going through. If you are hurting right now, I encourage you to take it to the Lord in prayer. He can heal whatever pain you are going through and make your heart whole again. It may take time....remember, our emotions and feelings aren't a switch that can be turned on and off so easily. But trust that He will bring you through what you are dealing with.
Then....laugh...enjoy yourself....be joyful. You know the saying "Laughter is the best medicine".... that is so true! Start seeing the humor in life. Experience the joy your kids and life can bring you. Realize that God put you on this Earth for a reason and you matter. You are loved and cared for...even if sometimes you don't feel like you are! If any of you who reads this needs prayer...please leave me a comment...and I will be sure to pray for you! :)

Annnnnnd.....my new friend, Erin, over at The Vintage Pearl (great blog...def. check it out), said I should post some of my artwork. (Cuz in my long post yesterday I talked about painting and how i love Bob Ross). So....here is one painting i did..i LOVE working in black and whites!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And here is a pic i did..although this wasn't paint. i used chalk! (i actually won an award for this pic..as i guess you can actually see in the pic. My grammie entered it in an art show near where she lives...and i was THRILLED to find out I won)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Those are the only two i have in my photobucket right now...but i will try and add more later! :) Some of my artwork is at my mom's house!

I hope you all have a fantastic friday and a GREAT weekend! :)




Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. Wow!! Those are amazing. Be proud:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a great talent. How wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wanted to thank you for your kind and encouraging words! I was a little embarrassed after my rant, but I felt better after writing it down and I think I handled it the right way with her in person. :) I just need to deal with it better in my head! Thanks for reading and I have you bookmarked now too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your artwork is amazing!God gave you a great tallent. Thank you for sharing!Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katy,
    you have such an uplifting blog here!! Very heavenly, and feel such love, (God's love) in you heart. Thank you for blessing my spirit today!!
    I will add you to my list to read!!
    Hugs,
    Jeannene

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your so talented! Great job and I can't wait to see more.
    Kerri

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Katy! Your pictures are amazing! Thank you for sharing them with us!
    Blessings,
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Katy those are BEAUTIFUL!!! I love the flowers, you could totally sell those!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy