Tuesday, June 3, 2008

What I've been doing all morning....

WOW....I could cry ~ I am just soooo tired and HOT! I have been moving beds all morning....taking them apart...moving mattresses etc...I could just pass out. Chris's aunt and uncle gave us a race car bed that their son used to have but grew out of. X was THRILLED! So....first...I took X's bed out of his room and moved it into J's room....(and before that, i had to take the toddler bed out of J's room). Here are some pics...sorry they are so blurry...I have NO idea why.
Then...here is the race car bed in X's room...all put together. We need to get a box spring to put under the mattress..but this will work for a few days till we can get one. I know, X's room is sooo ugly...it hasn't been redone yet. It will eventually though. Again..sorry the pics are so blurry...I think I had the wrong setting on my camera...argh!

And a pic of the boys in the bed...LOL...notice the pretty wall X painted in his room.....*rolls eyes*. I haven't fixed it cuz I will paint over it eventually anyway...so I haven't been in a hurry to do anything with it.

Anyway...that is what I have done with my morning so far. Now, all I want to do is sleep. LOL I hope you all have a wonderful day!!! xoxo

12 comments:

  1. Katy,

    Whew...you make me tired thinking of moving all of that!

    My nephew had a race car bed similiar to that and he loved it!
    I bet you have happy children today!

    Have a great day!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. My 4 year old would love that bed!! Looks like the boys are loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!Sounds like you did a ton of work!!Well worth it though to see the smiles on the boys faces laying in that race car bed:)Very cute:)Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!Sounds like you did a ton of work!!Well worth it though to see the smiles on the boys faces laying in that race car bed:)Very cute:)Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The boys look thrilled, Katy! They clearly appreciate all of your efforts. I hope you found time for a nice cool drink and a few minutes of peace ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!! Moving furniture must be a first-part-of-June thing. I did the same thing yesterday, and my back hurts so bad today. The girls love their "new" room though. We made the bunkbeds into 2 twin beds. They are so happy. "Thanks, Mom, you are the BEST"!! Yay--So easy to make them so happy!! Julie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Katy, it looks like you were a busy woman! I know that when I rearrange my kids rooms (or any furniture in any room) it is difficult but so rewarding in the end when the job is done. I am sure that it will all look lovely when you are done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know how you feel. We spent all afternoon moving my sons room around and taking all the furniture out and then putting back in the room to get it all fixed like he likes it. WHEW!!! I feel for you sister!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is exhausting! Especially upstairs where all the heat rises to!

    I don't envy you - good exercise, but WHEW!!

    It looks like the bed is a BIG hit! It's the perfect bed for a little boy :)

    -Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  10. Katy, you worked so hard but it turned out great. I know X loves the race car bed, I would. Deb

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow how sweet of them to give you that bed!
    Looks like the boys are lovin' it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's great! My oldest sons are 18 & 14 and I think they STILL would like a racecar bed. In fact, my husband might like it too if I'd give him 1/2 a chance! LOL

    What a great adventure for your boys!

    Smiles,
    Lea

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy