Thursday, June 5, 2008

My home is a-bloomin'!

Some of you may remember me posting a pic of my house previously...but I wanted to post another pic with the flowers in bloom. It is much prettier that way. We are still working at siding the whole house with the siding that is on the back addition. Chris has been working at casing in the windows. That front room there...for now it will be our school room...but someday..it will turn into a REAL open porch. woot!!! :)

I know...the yellow block is absolutely hideous and the front of the house needs a new paint job and door...BAD! But I hate putting extra $$$ into stuff when it is just going to be changed anyway...ya know? So..we are going to side it all...and then someday...have a real front porch...i seriously can't wait! :)

On the right in the pic below is our garage...huge and in need of repairs...but works for now. LOL
See my stone wall there? My mom and I made that...well mostly her. But i DID help! LOL. I am putting mulch in the walkway with stepping stones..but that is a project I just started and haven't finished yet. the big area between the house and my stone wall is going to be a big garden area (someday)....imagine with me...PLEASE! LOL

Here's our front door...although I see all the painting that needs done...and really...it is an ugly door...i like the decor I have on it (the top, wood star says PRIMITIVES on it) and I like the lights we have out there. (I know..the railing is ugly...our homeowners insurance MADE us put one there. Since it will all be changed someday anyway...that is just temporary :).
Next is just a closer up view...and from a different angle of my rock walls, future garden area and walkway project beginnings! And to the left is my poor, poor hostas...that the chickens wreak havoc on! :(
This last pic is of our red rooster shed....we just call it that cuz it is red and has a rooster thing on the front...LOL. It's just a shed....and our chicken coop and run!

Well, I hope you enjoyed taking an outside tour around my home....and I look forward to updating it as things get done and look nicer as time goes by!!!


**WEIGHT LOSS update...I lost another pound...15 so far since May 1st. The dr was really pleased with my weight loss!!! WOOT!!! Thanks for your well wishes and encouragement everyone!!! xoxo

13 comments:

  1. Looks like a very nice home, Katy!! I love the red rooster barn. That could be a name of a quilt shop--LOL. Have a great day. Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blooms, Katy! I can really visualize all of the house changes to come...

    Congrats on one more pound gone! You're doing SO well :)

    Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your home! It looks so warm and inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your home is adorable Katy!!I love your stone walkway.Also,the rustic decor on the door and front is very nice!!And the little red chicken coop is soo cute!!
    Also,congrats on your weight loss!!Woo-hoot!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katy, I loved your story about having to buy eggs at Walmart!! I actually made breakfast for supper yesterday and had to laugh about your blog while I scrambled my eggs. Thank you for the laughs.
    smiles, Shayne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your house is so cute! I have enjoyed reading your blog. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh I love this post!! So wonderfully inviting. Wanted you to know I just emailed you...in case it gets lost in spam world or something. ;) Congratulations on your continued weight loss!!! Wishing you a lovely weekend...pam

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kate,

    I could picture all those changes you have in mind right along with you! You've got a charming home and part of the fun is the thrill of getting things the way you want them over time!

    I love your red rooster shed! You know I've always wanted chickens, but I haven't been able to get my hubby to go along on that one......yet anyway! lol!

    Have a great weekend!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Katy,

    I left you a comment on my blog too, but I wasn't sure if you'd see it there.

    I have no idea why that's happening. Someone else on the CS forum told me they tried to access it and something like that happened part of the time. Most everyone else said it didn't for them. It is black typing on a tan background when I type it and view it. I don't have a clue why...but I hope it works for you...I'd love to have you visit! Is it always like that for you?

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Katy,

    Someone else had trouble and just told me that when they clicked on the title of my post, they could read it just fine then. I'm not sure why that is.

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your barn also! What a wonderful piece of land you have. Your flowers are coming in nicely. Looks great! Have a great weekend. And congrats on more weight loss. Woo hoo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am imagining right along with you - that's the fun part - kowing it will be changing - one step at a time!!

    Congrats on the weight loss and thanks for letting us know about Cora.

    I am sitting here for the same reason - it is where it is cool!

    Have a great weekend.

    hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute place Katy! Thanks for stopping by my blog this week. I look forward to getting to know you better :-)

    Kris

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy