Sunday, June 29, 2008

A Long Overdue Tribute To My Christopher!

Have you ever been so proud of someone that trying to put it into words was almost impossible and totally paled into comparison with how you were really feeling? That is how I feel about my husband right now.

Throughout our 8 years of marriage, he has made good decisions...even when I fought him on it because I thought they were wrong... (still learning how to hold my tongue...and getting better at it, i might add). He has been so selfless with me and always trusted me 100%. He loves Jesus and seeks to be a man of God and has always taken care of me and our children. He goes above and beyond what a lot of men do. I am truly blessed to have him in my life.

And now...here I am....at the end of this long 2 weeks. I will see him Tuesday night...and words can not describe how happy and thrilled I will be to hold him. He went on this mission trip with a group of people that he wasn't really close with. Not in age or even in common interests. My uncle was going to go...and chris and he would have had a good time together...but ended up having to back out. Chris had a hard time still continuing to go on the trip...but knew and truly felt this was God's calling for him. He raised the money to go and he went....even though the night before he left...we both wished he didn't have to. We embraced and cried together forever.

Thankfully, he will be home soon...with lots of things to share with us. It saddens me that he has gone through this huge experience without me....I wish I could have been there with him...but as a mother...my mission field is here. Caring for my home and children so Chris could do what God asked of him. I cried all through church today...I miss Chris so much. (Plus...i am always emotional at church!) And I had a lady come up to me and whisper to me that she is jealous that Chris and I have such a strong and unbreakable love. That blessed me. Not that I want her to feel bad..but just that I am so lucky that God put Chris into my life. I pray every person in their lifetime gets to experience such a love as this. I know that is not probable....but if this is the love we feel when we get to heaven....then all of you fellow Christians will feel this way...even if you don't right now! HALLELUJAH!!

Chris...you are my husband, sharer of my heart, best friend and lover. God put you in my life because he knew how much I needed you. I love you and am so proud of you for following God's calling for you...even though it has been one of the toughest things you have ever had to do. I love you more than words can express....and I am so happy to be able to share the rest of my life with you. Forever...and ever...Amen! xoxo

4 comments:

  1. That was so sweet of you to write that. It gave me tears, because it was so genuine. I feel so similiar about my hubby. We got married 2 weeks after my 18th b-day and we are still married almost 21 years later. He is my best friend and soul mate. Its nice to know someone else out there is as blessed as we have been.
    I know you are so excited for him to come home and see him again. You'll never forget this time apart!
    Enjoy ~ Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a blessed woman you are! And Chris is so blessed too.... you seem like such a wonderful couple!

    I love my husband like this too. We joke that we will secretly be married in heaven:)!

    How happy I am for you that you only have 2 more nights without your Chris! May God bless his trip home and your reunion.

    And WAY TO GO on all your weight loss!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet tribute to your wonderful hubby. I too feel the same way about my H after 33 years of marriage. I tell him all the time he is a good man, and he is. I see our son now acting much like his dad and it is wonderful.

    Enjoy that special reunion! And be proud of YOU - you did it! hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet, Katy. I can't wait for him to be home with you again :)

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy