Sunday, June 22, 2008

9 Days!

Wow...I know I have been super annoying lately with all these posts. It's just that I have such a hard time focusing on anything else lately. I don't know how I am going to survive these next 9 days. I miss Chris so much.

I will be real though...I have cried my eyes out...and even gotten angry that he is gone. Is that crazy? I have just gone through such crazy emotions. I miss him sooo terribly. I am not even half way through yet. I would pay any amount to have him home with me right now. That is how much I miss him!

This TOTALLY makes me respect and admire those women who have husbands who travel or are in the military....I don't know how you girls do it...AT ALL! I go to sleep miserable and wake up miserable. I try to take my mind off of it...but the second I go back to realizing he is not here, my heart plummets.

I am so thankful God has put Chris into my life. I am sooo soo blessed!I have such an amazing husband. I have always known this.....but him being away has brought this even MORE to my attention.

I also have been trying to pray and see what God wants me to learn from this...but truthfully it is so hard for me to concentrate on that when all I can think about is wanting Chris home. I feel so selfish. I never ever ever want to go through this again.

Thanks so much for taking the time to read this....I know I must sound like such a baby. And thank you for the prayers and thoughts...they mean so much!

Here is a pic the one girl took and posted on her myspace blog yesterday:
(my hubby is the bald one in front in the blue shirt and kaki pants)
In Romania....at church, the boys sit on one side and the girls sit on the other side. That's how the Amish do it here in America as well.

7 comments:

  1. I can't say what others do, but a former Navy brat, former Navy wife and now he travels for business sometimes 2-3 weeks at a time...I just dig in and get things done and try not to think about the days until he is home. I keep busy and go to bed tired so I fall asleep fast. I use the time to do things I know he doesn't like to do with me, so when he comes home I won't spend time doing those things and spend lots and lots of time with my kids. Hugs to you and good luck with the wait!!! I am sure he is missing his family as much as you are all missing him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of My righteousness. Isaiah 41:10

    The Lord will see you through this Katy. Try and look at the good Chris is doing and focus on that. God's plan is not always for us to understand but for us to have faith!

    Casting all your care upon Him; for He careth for you. 1 Peter 5:7


    Our prayers are with you during this time. The Lord knows what's in your heart. He will comfort you and see you through.

    XXXOOO

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll make it & be stronger because you did! As I told you before the weekends are harder & seem to drag on forever. I'm so happy tomorrow is monday then hopefully the week will just fly by for both of us=)
    Matt goes every year to this training & I went through a 14 month 14 month deployment. You'd think I'd get used to it but I never do. It's hard. One thing I always tell myself when matt's gone is this: One thing in life that we have no control of is time. It keeps going no matter what & that is the Only thing that is keeping us apart...Time. He'll be home soon=)]
    Prayers are out for ya Katy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Katy, my heart goes out to you dear one, I can't tell you how I wish you two were together but the Lord's work must be done.

    Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. James 1: 2-3

    I pray this helps, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. maybe this "learning experience" is for you to realize how blessed you are. i mean, i know you've said that in your post... but you #1 have a husband that loves you... AND... #2 loves GOD! he has been willing to give up his time... and your time together to serve where God has called him. he needs this time to fulfill the will that God has placed before him. he needs you to be his support. i know its hard... and i know that you are going absolutely crazy.... but the best thing you can do when you feel like spazzing - is to pray. just stop what you're doing and get on your knees if you have to. look at those moments as signs (if you will) that God wants you to be praying. get the kids together.. and pray for daddy with them... and try to keep your cool. they need to see this as a good thing... and they need you to be strong. i'm sure they don't quite understand the whole concept of a mission trip, etc. God first... then family - and Chris is heeding to that call.... and you will be fulfilling God's will in your life as you are an help meet to Chris. even if he isn't "home" per se. but you are keeping the house together and the kids... and if you try to keep your head on straight... it will benefit all of you in the long run. love ya!

    see you tomorrow!... probably around 5:30ish?? let me know if that's too early or not early enough!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well Katy, you know how I feel about my husband being gone (when he has to go for business...very little really). I don't do well either at all! I do feel like I'm being wimpy like I said, but let me tell you what I do. The kids and I do stuff we don't always do...like sit up late and watch movies or go out to eat or go to the movies...anything to make it feel different or something to look forward to. Anyway, it helps me. Then I just pray before I go to sleep and try to put all my trust in the Lord. That's the ONLY way I can do it!

    Hang in there! I read your post above to Chris too (so sweet)! I didn't want to leave the comment there since it was to him!

    I hope you have a great week and that time passes quickly until Chris comes home!

    ~ Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Katy, I pray for God to give you the strength you need and for Chris to have a safe journey... but in the meantime, just focus on how good the homecoming will be!! wink wink

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy