Friday, May 9, 2008

Weight Loss Success!

Well...as some of you may remember...I joined weight watchers last week! Well, Thursdays are my weigh in day...and so I stopped at my dr's office yesterday to get weighed. I like it to be official...I don't own a scale here at home....cuz with my old wood floors that are uneven etc...I never get a true amount. So that is why I go to my dr and get weighed on their scale.

So, I get on the scale...praying that I at least lost a pound or two...just so I don't get discouraged cuz I have been really sticking to this. Well...turns out...I lost 5.5 lbs!!!! WOOT! Now...I know that 1. it is not all pure fat that I lost and 2. that I am not going to lose that much each week. But I think it is a definite start and to God be the glory!!! I have prayed about this...and I know His hand is in it and helping me. I can do ALL things through Him who strengthens me! (Phil. 4:13)

My husband has been super encouraging...as well as my sister, who is doing this along with me! I also have a great group of friends that have been sooo supportive and encouraging all through this! I thank God that he put all these people in my life. They have been such a blessing to me.

So...I just really wanted to share my news with you all. You all have also been so supportive and encouraging to me....and I am soo thankful for you!!! :o) I hope this isn't seen as bragging at all....or prideful. This is just a way for me to get excited about this and stay motivated!


**I also wanted to add...if my blog looks cut off to you...i am so sorry!!! Sometimes it take a lil bit to load....so you may have to refresh it or something. I use the Firefox Web Browser, and I can see it all. I hope you can too and I apologize if you can't!!!! xoxo

18 comments:

  1. Yay for you! I'm so proud of you Katy... and I don't think it's wrong at all if you are a little proud of yourself- you have a right to be. Losing weight is a VERY HARD thing to do, and you should brag just a little!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Katy! What a great start to your journey. Your bloggy buddies will always be here for support!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well YAHOO, Katy!!! What a wonderful start!!! I'm so happy for you!!! Keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome job Katy! I just know you are going to do awesome - you don't seem like one to do things halfway.

    Enjoy your success!

    -Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  5. WooHoo! What a great start! That gives you a big boost going into your second week. Good luck and Have a Happy Mother's Day! :-) Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY KATY!! I'm so happy for you!! What a great start! WOO HOO!

    (LOVE your heart background, so sweet!)

    Love, Tina :)
    (PS. I've lost 3 pounds...woot!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Katy!!!! So glad you are sharing your journey with us and don't think you are being prideful at all!!! I want to wish you a very Happy and Blessed Mothers day!! Have a great weekend!!!~Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi-
    I just happened my way onto your blog and I thought I would congratulate you on your weight loss! Good for you-losing weight is no easy task. I enjoyed reading your blog.

    Farmchick

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Katy, Woooooo! Hoooooo! Great for you! No, I don't think its bragging at all I think it's JOY! For I'm in a JOYUS STATE TOO! Deb

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don`t think you are being prideful or boasting at all!I am so happy for you!!You are a real encouragement to me!!I need to start watching what I eat as well!!!Thankis for sharing your journey with us!!Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's so GREAT, way to go!! Have you checked out the WW magazine, lots of neat recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Mother's Day Katy, you and your blog are a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so proud of you! Prideful? Nah...You are simply sharing your journey with us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful! I'm happy for you! I'm inspired!

    Actually, your blog is ALWAYS inspiring!

    Happy Mother's Day, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just wandered on over to your blog... congrats on your success!

    Your blog is adorable, I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Katy, I'm so very happy you. You should be proud. That is quite an accomplishment. Hurray!

    Smiles,
    Lea

    ReplyDelete
  17. woo-hoo! congrats to you!!!!

    I'll be joining you in a few months :)

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy