Monday, May 26, 2008

Chalkboard and Odds and Ends!

Here is the old window that I painted with the chalkboard paint. It only has one coat of the paint on at the moment though...I need to do another coat as well! I will take pics after I do that and with chalk written on it! I also painted an older wooden tray I had so I can hang it in the kitchen for notes etc that we wanted to write on it!!! It turned out perfect! I will be sure to take a pic to post of that too! And...a pic of an old milk can I have outside. I just love it! Old, rustic and looks so great outside!

LOOK! These are what "the girls" are doing to my hosta!!! (the girls=the chickens) Isn't it horrible?? I haven't planted any new flowers in my gardens for fear that the chickens will eat them!!! ACK!!! Anyone have any suggestions/advice on how I can stop this from happening??

And ~ M made this self portrait of herself at school...I thought it was great! So I had to share a pic with you!! This is her last week of school! On Thursday, they are going on a field trip...so that should be a lot of fun for them! I know she has enjoyed this year of Kindergarten at the school...but I think once we start homeschooling..that she will really enjoy that as well!!! :o)

I hope you all have a wonderful Memorial Day as we remember those who are and who did fight for our country, our freedom and our lives! xoxo

7 comments:

  1. Hi Katy, I used to run chicken wire around my flower beds, a short fence somewhat. I just used short stakes to support it and made it high enough for them to not get over it. I used to trim one wing on each chicken to prevent them from flying over the fence. This way I could enjoy my chickens and my flowers. If you keep the chicken wire tight and staked, it will not look so unsightly. Good luck, blessings, Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know,my friend used to make a spray to use on her veggies and herbs for her garden.It was made out of eggs and dish soap,I think.I can find out and e-mail you the recipe if you want to give it a try.At least you won`t have to go out and buy anything.
    I love your milk can.We have one on our front porch that I plan on putting some flowers on.I got it from my moms after she passed away last yer.She had it for years and childhood memories always come to me whenever I see it!
    I also have an old washboard that used to be my grandmothers.I plan on redoing it and hanging it in the bathroom!
    Have a wonderful day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea w/ the chalkboard! I may do the same.
    I also have an old milk can in my living room just like that. It was my great grandpa's. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much to show!!!
    Thanks for stopping by my place and I love the chalkboard!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katy,

    Thanks too for visiting my blog!

    I'm sorry I missed your comment asking if that room was my living room in the ballet lesson photos. It is my living room.

    Have a great evening, Katy!

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great self portrait M, now Katy those chickens are a different story. I would put up a chicken wire barrier, somehow or another. I just couldn't have those chickens eating my flowers. Deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww..your poor beheaded hosta! I can't believe that chickens do that...haha! I'm sorry I don't mean to laugh...it's just funny to me to imagine it in my mind! The old milk can is great...I saw one of these the other day (painted bright blue) and I wanted it so badly!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy