Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Grow In Your Faith

So, i was reading in Unveiling Mary Magdalene by Liz Curtis Higgs...and I got to page 235 at the bottom and a couple of sentences she wrote really spoke to me. I want to share them with you!

"Jesus wants us to grow in faith, and we grow only when we come to the end of ourselves. That point where proof gives way and hope kicks in, where we can do nothing but wait upon God even when we cannot see, touch, taste, smell, or hear his presence." - Liz Curtis Higgs, Unveiling Mary Magdalene.


I just thought that those words were sooo powerful! When you feel alone and doubt kicks in....(and it has happened to most...if not all of us at one time or another)....all we can do is trust and have hope as we wait upon God. That is what having faith is all about. Believing and trusting that He is there. He does love us and that Jesus did die for us. We may not always understand things....especially some scriptures or why certain things had to happen...but God is there...he is Almighty and greather than we can even fathom. So...let's just trust...knowing He knows what is best and constantly thank Him for the life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, the lover and savior of our souls!

As Liz says:

"...we must let go of the God of our own understanding. And embrace the God Who Is."


"Our neat and tidy God-in-a-box ideas about Jesus must be put aside...."


Amen to that! Have hope....live in trust....grow in faith!
I can't wait to finish this book (I am so close) and start another Liz Curtis Higgs book soon!!! :)

9 comments:

  1. Great post Katy and I think I really need to get that book to read, it sounds awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The words on this post are just EXACTLY what I am doing right now. I am waiting on the Lord, laying myself at His feet and knowing that He has a plan for me, even though I don't know why certain things happen and what will come. I love the excerpt you included about letting go of the God of our own understanding and embracing the God who is. To me, that is so powerful. As always, thank you, Katy! More than you know! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are soo right katy!!I will look for this book!!Don`t think I`ll have time to do much reading for a while though.
    Things are happening pritty fast in our lives!!I have trusted the Lord throughout all our trials and there were plenty of times when thinngs looked very grim and there wasn`t an answer.God can do miricals and has been doing them in our lives!WE need to first trust Him though.Have a blessed day!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katy,
    I learned a great acronym for FEAR at the Women's Conference that I attended:
    F-False
    E-Expectations
    A-Appearing
    R-Real
    Faith and fear cannot co-exist. Having faith means that no matter what "IT" is in our lives--the answer is faith in Christ. "IT" can be problems,trials,decisions, challenges or joys... It sure made sense to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lil Katy, you MUST know... that your blog ... your WORDS inspire me, and lift me. You are a true encourager.
    God bless You ~ YOU are such a blessing! Keep walkin in FAITH new friend!
    Lea
    <*)))><

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amen! Great post Katy!

    Love, Tina :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great reminder, Katy, that we really can do nothing for ourselves- but God is always in control, and when we get to "the end of our rope" it is HE who takes it from there. Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Sounds like an awesome book!

    Those words are so powerful - and true! I am so glad you shared them, Katy.

    Have a great day!

    -Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just have to get that book!

    Smiles,
    Lea

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy