Thursday, May 22, 2008

Our School Room!


The past few weeks I have been sorting through toys and moving come to the kids' bedrooms etc. I have done this in order to make the "playroom" a "schoolroom". Eventually...as more changes and improvements are done to our house...our schoolroom will move...but this is it's place for now.

I have kept books, blocks, trucks, farm toys, musical toys, and crayons with coloring books all in the room...neatly organized! In the top pic, on the wall to the right of the pic...is where I will hang the blackboard I plan on making and also those learning calendars (that have the month, date, day, year, weather, etc on them for kids)...and also some way of displaying the kids' artwork! As I get curriculum and more teaching supplies...I am sure the shelves will become much fuller...but I will try and keep some order and organization to it!!! I just wanted to share our homeschool area with everyone! If you homeschool.....or just have a favorite area you would like to share with us...I would love to see it! Let me know in the comments if you post one and I will be sure to check it out!!! Hope you are all having a fantastic week!


**And thank you sooo much for all your encouragement on my weight loss!!!

**Also, please remember to keep the Steven Curtis Chapman family in your prayers....I am sure you all have heard of the sad accidental death of his youngest daughter. If you haven't...you can read about it here.

11 comments:

  1. Looks fabulous Katy!! You will thrive on doing this, as will your kids.

    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katy, what a pretty & cheerful room! It will be a fun place to learn.

    We don't have a schoolroom though I wish I did. Colton has his little school area set up in our kitchen and the older boys school at our kitchen table. But it works well for us.

    Smiles,
    Lea

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a great "CLASSROOM" Katy! I can't wait to see your blackboard. Yay on your weight loss, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great classroom set up!! Mt. Hope Chronicles blog has excellent resources on home schooling. She's in my favorites on my blog. She has pics of her school room too. :) Have a great Memorial Day weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am soo,soo happy for you Katy!!I know homeschooling is going to be such a blessing,and a special time to bond with your children!Your room looks so nice and organized!The chalkboard idea sounds like a great idea!I can`t waite to see pictures of it when it`s finished!! After reading your post from yesterday,I think I`m going to make a chalkboard for our kitchen! After we move,of coarse!Have a blessed day!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katy it looks great!! Isn't it exciting to set up and getting things ready?!! It is amazing, you will look at everything differently, wondering if you will be able to use it as a learning tool!!! Have a fantastic weekend!!~Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Katy,

    Wanna come over and organize ours now? Your school room looks great!

    We have somewhat of a school area upstairs, however, we "school" all over the house! lol! We have our library shelves and store our supplies up there and have our computer corner and my craft corner. It's on my list to clean and organize this weekend. After I've done this, I'll post a picture...hopefully sometime next week...and I'll let you know!

    Have a great weekend!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cheerful room to learn in, great job! Congrats on the weight loss to, that's wonderful and you said you weren't going to the meetings but doing it over the internet? How? Care to share how you got started? And I can't wait to see the chalkboard too! In our new house we will have a playroom for the grandkids and I plan to make a wall a chalkboard with chalkboard paint, maybe not the whole wall, but you get the picture! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great room Katy, I sure this will be a sucess for you, and nice to have mom as teacher for the kids. Deb

    ReplyDelete
  10. quiet creek has a spring fest today... cory and i are going... there is a thing for kids... if you are interested. 2:00 is the kids thing.. then we were going to listen to a talk about worm composting. i know that rusty and claire do a lot with homeschoolers since their boys are homeschooled... they host a lot of stuff. it might be something you want to check out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful space! It looks perfect!

    I know...isn't that so tragic about Steven Curtis Chapman and his family. My heart genuinely aches for each of them.

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy