Monday, May 12, 2008

My Mother's Day!

It was raining here yesterday....but despite the weather, I had a lovely mother's day! First...the pic above is a drawing of me! My 6 yr old daughter, M drew it for me at school!!!! Isn't it great!? I was sooo impressed! :o)
We went to Sunday School and Church yesterday. It was a great message and I always enjoy the fellowship and such with our church family! Then came home for a quick lunch. Then the kids took a nap. I decided to take a nap too...LOL. With it raining and being the Sabbath...I just felt like resting....so I came up and read ( I finished the Liz Curtis Higgs Book...and started "the Postcard" by Beverly Lewis). And I fell asleep....you want to know how long I slept?? 4 hours!!!! I woke up at 6:40pm!!! I have never slept like that in the middle of the day!!! I must have needed it! I felt weird though....like most of the day was gone then! LOL
When I got up....M had made me this card...all on her own ~

Isn't it great??? I absolutely LOVE it!!! And she did it 100% by herself! I thought that was just great! :) Then....for my official mother's day gift.....Chris and the kids came out with this:

M~
X~
J~
They had drawn around their bodies and colored them in and made me this HUGE poster telling me how much they love me!! Where's the kleenex?? Isn't that soo sweet? I just love it! And the kids were soooo excited to give it to me. It made my heart melt!!! Aren't I completely blessed???

So I had a wonderful Mother's Day!!!! I hope you all did as well!!! Happy Monday!!! xoxo

15 comments:

  1. You got some wonderful handmades too!! Your daughter did awesome on her drawings.

    That's funny I took a nap too! Not as long as yours. I bet I could of though. So nice to get a little rest once in awhile! :) Have a great day Katy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those kind of Mother's Day gifts are the best, aren't they, Katy! (and the nap was a little extra bonus, I'm sure!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww... now that's a collection of beautiful gifts, Katy. Glad you're well-rested and ready to start another week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how sweet!! Homemade gifts are the best!! So glad you had a nice relaxed Mothers Day!! Have a great day!!~wendy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a wonderful day! I just love homemade gifts, they are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. no wonder they let you sleep so long--they needed time to make that huge poster!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you had a wonderful Mothers Day Katy!!Thanks so much for sharing!!your aughter is a very talented artest!!HAve a blessed day!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Katy, I'm so glad you had such a wonderful Mother's Day and the sweetest gifts of all! I love the new look but it's alot harder to read or is it just my old eyes? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Me again, don't mind me, I guess the whole page didn't load even though it said it was done, but now the cream background is up and I can read it just fine? Odd? Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The best part about pictures like those is to look at them when your kids become teenagers. They serve as a great reminder of sweet days when your kids knew YOU knew everything!! LOL I'm glad you had a nice day. To me, the nap would have been one of the best "gifts" to get!! Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How very sweet! You are truly blessed. These handmade drawings will be your treasure forever I am sure. My children are all late teen/young adults. I have their early childhood drawings and when I see them, I still remember how sweet those days were!So happy for you! blessings, Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great day, Katy! And yes, you do have a sweet and wonderful family! I am sure that poster will be treasured forever by you!

    -Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Katy, you really had a wonderful Mother's Day. Special gifts and rest. You have a wonderful family thanks for sharing them with us. Deb

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! Looks like they have mommy's artistic gift! Happy Mother's Day, Katy!

    Blessings,
    Lea

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy