Friday, May 23, 2008

Glow From Your Home ~ In Action

Our neighbors from across the street, who we just love, have a small care home with 6 residents there who are all older women. One of those women is my great grandmother...so great great grandmother to my children.

Today, while up at Lowe's getting the blackboard chalk, I also picked up pots, petunias and marigolds. I had extra potting soil here at home. When M got home from school....we all went outside and potted each plant...one for each lady at the care home.

Alot of people in care homes don't go outside much...so the kids and I thought we would bring outside in to them! All the ladies seemed to love it. I didn't take a pic of that though....not too sure they would want their pics on the internet! :o)

However, I did take some pics to share with you all!

On our way over.....The plants we potted.....

Again....on our way over.....

Knock! Knock!
On our way back home!!!!


Sending plants to others is a great way to glow from your home! Potting them yourself and having your kids learn from the experience is wonderful as well! If you don't have a personal care home around your area...you can always do this for your neighbors as well! People really seem to appreciate it and it is a way to show you care. Outreaching and showing you are interested in giving joy is a way to share God's love!

If you are new to my blog and haven't heard about Glow From Your Home...please go HERE for my post about it. Also you can click the Glow From Your Home category to the left to see all my posts about it!

What are some ways you Glow? Have you glowed this week? I would love to hear all about it!
(Another great idea is to bake! I made cupcakes earlier this week and M and I took them over to the ladies as well!)

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!!! :o)

12 comments:

  1. Katy, you are such an inspiration to all! What a wonderful thing for you and your kids to do, and I'm sure they had such fun doing it!
    My mom was in a home similar to that..with 6 residents, and they would have loved something like that!
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful idea! It makes me think that I'd like to something similar this summer with my girls at a home near us. Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. See Katy, 'this' right here was an 'excellent' home schooling project! You covered science, philanthropy, goodwill & servants heart for Christ, etc.

    'This' post right here Katy is the essence of homeschooling / life. :) It's all one. Homeschooling isn't 'school at home.' It's all mixed together.

    'This post' is what I meant in another post when I said, relax, enjoy your children, enjoy life, enjoy the process, keep it as fun as possible. It's 'all' inclusive. :)

    Keep your kids included in everything that 'you' do. That is homeschooling and life. :)

    You are so wonderful! :)

    Oh, and here is a book that many have used with great success. It cost around $16.00 I think through Christian Book Distributors link at http://www.abundantlivingandgift.com :)
    Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons
    By: Siegfried Engelman

    Also, I know through our homeschool group that Sonlight curriculum has been wildly popular. I have no personal knowledge of it myself, I'm just passing that tidbit along. :)

    Blessings!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Katy, I see you glowing all the way to Birmingham, AL. That was a lovely thing you did, and the kids too, they seemed to be having a wonderful time as well. How did you do on your weight loss this week I loss only about a pound this week but I'm still on the band wagon girl, that was just incentive to try harder next week. Well I hope you and yours have a great weekend. Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops! found the weight loss, that's great Katy. I'm still pulling for you. Deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Katy,

    Wow - I love what you did! Before my kids were born I worked as an RN in nusrsing homes and I KNOW you glowed more than you can imagine! What a wonderful lesson you taught your children as you brought love and cheer to those ladies.

    I try to glow with my work with ChemoAngels. All my life I have been a caregiver, first in nursing then in teaching and as a mom, and now I find that my ChemoAngel work is the next step in my journey. How blessed I am to have always known my purpose in life!!

    Have a great weekend, hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so inspired. What a wonderful, wonderful idea! Thanks for sharing. Your family *is* a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi 'again' Katy. Hey, I just found a new blog, via Lea's blog. Maybe you are already familiar with it? Country Girl at Home. Anyway, she made a post on Sunday, May 18th, titled, "A Book." Personally, I 'loved' her post!!! I thought of you though too and thought you may wish to check it out and enjoy her wisdom as well! :)
    http://countrygirlathome.blogspot.com/

    Have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful way to Glow from your home katy!!You truly are a light for the world and your teaching your children to be like that!!Good for you!!I know I have told you this before but I think you are going do grat with home schooling!!Hope you have a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful way of showing love to the care home residents! I'm sure they will be glowing for days with their special treat!! Hope you are having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is the SWEETEST idea, Katy! You are so thoughtful! I am positive that every lady there absolutely LOVED receiving their special flower from your family.

    Thank you for such a wonderful idea!

    His,
    Mrs. U

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a thoughtful, sweet gesture from you and your children! I'm sure it was appreciated more than y'all know!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy