Thursday, December 20, 2007

The Joy of Giving!

I think part of the fun of giving is the wrapping and time you put into things! (at least for me)
I am a huge fan of big bows! LOL I like the look of ribbon and when you top it off with a big bow...it just makes me smile! Although, I would really like to learn the technique for making those elegant beautiful bows that some people make! Maybe for next year?
Anyway...here is a gift for my one nephew! It's pretty simple...but i just think the bow just dresses it up!
Photobucket

In THIS post I talked about how I like to do theme gifts and put them into baskets! Here is a theme gift I did for my soon to be sister in law: (although....they look much better in real life)

Photobucket

And I don't know about you....but gifts for my grandparents are so hard to buy. They don't need anything...ya know? So I try to make gifts, like frames with the kids pics in them etc. This year...i made them each a bag of stuff. An ornament decorated by M, a school pic of M, I will put in a jar of apple butter that I am going to make in the upcoming days, as well as a pic of all three kids together! I think that is a gift each of the grandparents will enjoy...don't you?

Photobucket

I would love to hear what kind of things you give to your grandparents! I love looking at new ideas and thoughts on things! I hope you are having a wonderful week before Christmas! Blessings!

6 comments:

  1. We do the same sort of things as you, pictures in frames and such. Maybe a gift certficate or something with them. Your bags sound like a bug hit with the grandparents!

    I have to admit, I already am excited to be a grandma...but I have a long time to wait :) I can't wait to spoil and send them home, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That should say BIG hit, not BUG hit, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup...getting all the final details on my Christmas gifts is on my list today. Hehe...my grandparents are getting one of Amelia's new pictures in a frame! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful gift ideas! This year for my step mother-in-law I put together a photo album of all three of her grandkids through out the year. I left some space for her Christmas shots. I am also making photo ornaments. If all goes well I will be posting them on my blog tomorrow.

    For my mother-in-law I am giving her home canned goodies. A case of green beans, apple butter and apple jelly. She always gives me back my jar in the summer with hopes that she will get a refill!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I usually do pictures and food type stuff too for my grandparents. This year two of my aunts and I went in together on one of those digital frames and combined a bunch of our pictures for them and are giving them that. Another year, I did homemade magnets. I bought a bunch of magnets and we made various "things" and then glued the magnets to the backs. My grandma loved them because she said she never had enough to put all the kids pics up on the fridge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for visiting my blog! :)

    ~@~Courtney~@~

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy