Wednesday, December 26, 2007

What a blessed Christmas we had!!!

oh gosh....Christmas this year was soo wonderful! We celebrated with family and friends and just had a great time! :) Christmas Eve was spent with my dad's side of the family! The meal was delicious. (I took baked corn.) Then we went to our Christmas Eve Service at church....which was beautiful. Unfortunately, i didn't get to hear the message though in its entirety cuz J was quite chatty so i took him to the nursery for the last half of the service!

Christmas morning was magical. The kids had such a blast opening their presents and Chris and I really enjoyed watching them! Although...i was the one up before everyone else LOL. I wanted the tree to be on and everything just right for when the kids came downstairs. I love to see their faces when they walk in and see the tree!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

After we opened gifts as a family, my parents and sister and her boyfriend and his parents, and my aunt and cousin all came over for brunch! I made the french toast casserole and my mom brought egg casserole. It was all so yummy and I think everyone enjoyed it! :) Then we opened more gifts. I must admit...i was sooo spoiled this year! I got a new canon powershot digital camera! It is REALLY super great! I love it! I got many other things (including a lot of Mary Engelbreit stuff!) but here are some pics of a few of my fave things i got this year!


Photobucket
(I turned this the right way...I am not sure why it is showing up sideways! ARGH!)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I really feel that people really put thought into what they got me this year...and that means a LOT to me! Isn't the chicken mat tooo funny? LOL I love it! And I am in spatterware heaven! I had only a few things before...and my mom found sooo much stuff to add to my set! And the mixer....oh how i have wanted a standing mixer...and my sweet hubby got me one! (as well as my camera). And the new purse was from my Aunt! Isn't it awesome? It's huge and roomy and fits everything i need in it and keeps it so organized! i love it! It even is big enough to carry my daily planner in!!! woot!

I know Christmas is definitely not all about the gifts. I just felt so blessed this year and wanted to share some of it all with you. Now comes clean up. LOL I did the initial clean up yesterday....Chris burned all the wrapping paper etc. and I cleaned up generally...but there is still more to do today and we need to find places to put things! LOL
I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and i can't wait to hear all about it!

And last but not least...a pic of me and my sweet Christopher on Christmas day! <3
Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. I hope you had a very Merry Christmas!

    Everything looks so wonderful, and looks like you got everything you wanted..;-))

    *Love your 'Chicken Mat'...lol!!

    Love,Jeannene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like lots of fun was fun was had at your place! Great gifts. The chicken mat is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, I so love your country decor!! You sure you don't want to come to Texas to do my place?!? I would even try to bribe you with some chicken stuff...;) Your family is very blessed and your gifts are wonderful! I can't wait to post some pics of my blessings this evening.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that mat! Too cute & yes it fits you to a "T" huh=)
    Glad you had such a nice Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your gifts, especially the mixer!

    Looks like a fun CHristmas! Your kids are cute, and the pic of you and your hubbie is adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had a great Christmas. The pictures are adorable.
    Thanks for sharing.

    Hugs,
    Kerri
    http://www.heartprintcottage.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your spatterware set - gorgeous!

    It looks like you had a lot of fun opening presents this year! :)

    I am so glad you guys had a wonderful Christmas as a family. Yay for a new camera!! I am looking forward to all the great pictures you are going to take! :)

    -Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like quite a merry Christmas! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy