Monday, December 17, 2007

French Bread Casserole with Praline Topping

I had seen this recipe made on Paula Deen once last year and it looked soo fabulous...so I tried it and had everyone over for it and it was a HUGE hit! So...now...it is a Christmas expectation to have this french bread casserole every year! LOL I thought I would share the recipe in case anyone else wanted to try it! It is really delicious! I will be making this for christmas morning!

FRENCH BREAD CASSEROLE

1 loaf french bread
8 lg eggs
2 c. half and half
1 c. milk
2 Tbs. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
dash of salt

Slice bread into 20 slices (1 in. each). Arrange slices in a generously buttered 9 x 13 dish in 2 rows, overlapping slices. In a lg. bowl, combine eggs, cream, milk, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt and beat with a whisk till blended. Pour mixture over bread slices, making sure all are covered equally by the mixture. Spoon mixture in between slices. Cover with foil and refridgerate overnight.

The next day....preheat the oven to 350. Spread the praline topping (recipe below) evenly over bread and bake for 40 minutes, until puffed and golden. Serve with syrup!


PRALINE TOPPING

1/2 lb. butter (2 sticks)
1 c. packed light brown sugar
1 c. chopped pecans
2 Tbs. lt. corn syrup
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg

Combine all ingredients and blend well!

5 comments:

  1. Don't you just love Paula! I could watch her all day LOL!
    This sounds soooo good & I needed a new recipe to take to my MIL for Christmas. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm! I LOOOOVE Paula! I watch her almost every day...how have I missed this recipe?? I'll have to try it! Thanks, Katy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. MMMM!!! That sounds delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry, Anonomous is Me LOL ~ Mandie

    ReplyDelete
  5. This recipe looks so good. I'll have to try it and get back to you.

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy