Sunday, December 9, 2007

10 Years Ago Today....

I was a passenger in an almost fatal car accident. It was on Dec. 9th, 1997. I was 16. I don't have any memory of the accident...but was told about it and have seen pics of the car afterwards etc. I was in a coma for over a week, i shattered my left elbow (which is now rebuilt with 2 metal plates and 17 screws) and my left lung collapsed at one point...yada yada. It was a huge experience for me and it has taught me ALOT! I feel sooo blessed that God brought me out of that alive. They know i hit my head on the windshield and could have had brain damage...but didn't except for a few things like having trouble in large crowds trying to make out certain sounds etc. Anyway....it never ceases to amaze me how God can bring good from all things that are tragic. At the time, through physical therapy, not being myself, dealing with an unusable arm, etc.....the outlook looked bleak for me. And now....10 years down the road...I can look back and see all the blessings God has brought from this accident as well as giving me wisdom about many things as well. I thank God each night for another day he has given me and feel so loved and comforted knowing my purpose on this Earth has not yet been totally fulfilled and He has kept me here. Thank you for sharing in my memories with me and I pray God has blessed your life as much as He has mine. xoxo

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. What a miracle! I'm so happy that you can look back on all of this & realize all the blessings God has given you. What an inspiration you are Katy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katy~ thanks for stopping by my blog. Wow, what a testimony of faith and God's sovereignty. Thanks for sharing your story...blessings to you today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your story, you may not know it but im sure you inspire a lot of people

    that there is hope and new beginnings after difficult times and trials

    ReplyDelete
  4. You truly are blessed AND you're a blessing to all those around you! I feel blessed just being able to read your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you are here and the world would be a different place if you weren't! xoxoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!Thanks for sharing that tramatic experience with us!We are all so blessed to see Gods amazing grace through our trialsI feel badly for the people who are not saved because they can`t see all of the wonderful ways God is at work each and every day!
    I was also in a horrible car accident when I was 17,so I can relate to your story.You are a blessing to so many people!God definatly has a plan in store for you!Our lives are like storys and God is the author!

    ReplyDelete
  7. God is the miracle worker, isn't He. I am amazed at what He brought you through! I am so glad that you here and I am sure your husband and children are too!

    -Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your life is a miracle! so glad you're still here to share it!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy