Monday, December 3, 2007

Chocolate Covered Pretzels

My bloggy friend from A Bun's Life asked how I made the chocolate covered pretzels that i talked about in THIS post. I figured others would wonder as well...so I thought i would post it! :)
It is reallly easy!

Just don't be dumb like me...i wasn't thinking and used semi sweet morsels! (duh me) But you take chocolate...whether it be some hershey bars or what not....and melt it in a pan....be careful you don't burn it though. Once you see the chocolate melting...remove from heat and stir...then put back on the heat for a few seconds and stir...then remove....etc etc till it is all melted. You don't want burnt chocolate..ewww! (since i used the semi sweet morsels...i put some peanut butter in to melt with it too..just to give it an extra kick since i didn't use the right chocolate!)

Once melted...I just took my pretzel rods and turned them in the melted chocolate and then layed them on a piece of wax paper. Then i took sprinkles and sprinkled them on top of them. Then I let them cool for a while till they harden. You can also put them in the refridgerator too! They are a big hit!!!
Let me know how it works for you!!! :)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

OHHH...and yes, i know, i changed my blog again..but i FINALLY Found a chicken background that i just ADORE! Doesn't it look similar to my salt and pepper shakers i showed you in THIS post? So...i hope you understand..i just HAD to change it....for the love of chickens! LOL
Have a great night everyone!!!! ;) xoxo

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. Thank you! We will try it this weekend and I will let you know how they turned out! BTW, I got pics up of the Christmas decorations, I still need to get ones of the outside. I'll try to post about it later in the week, but you can check it out on our flickr site. It looks prettier in person, but I'm not a good photographer. Look in December-07 folder.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/dtjobieri/sets/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought pretzel rods and chocolate so my kids could make them tonight- seeing them on your blog made me want some! I bought chocolate that you just pop in the microwave in a cup and it's ready :)

    Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chickens are nice. I love chicken - especially white meat.

    http://organizeddoodles.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was hoping you'd post this recipe. I was about to ask. They sound soooo good! Have you ever made the chocolate covered ritz crackers? I made them last year for Christmas & oh my goodness they are so good. I think I ate like 30...no joke LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just melt a few hershey bars in the microwave. Dip the crackers in the chocolate. Then put them in the freezer for a few. It's so easy & sooo good!!
    It tastes alot like chocolate covered pretzels.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum. That sounds great. Thanks for sharing the recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I made these chocolate pretzels in my MOPS group one year - they are so beautiful and make such a nice gift! I love how festive the sprinkles make them look!

    -Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  8. We made these last year too and they were a hit. I love to put the pretzels in the freezer and eat them like that. They are sooo yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh yummy! I just made mine again, I make them every year. I put a little cream in with the chocolate too when I'm melting it.
    I have them ready for Christmas baskets but they keep calling my name!!!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy