Thursday, December 13, 2007

A wonderful evening!

Last night, the kids and I had a wonderful evening together while chris was at the meat market cutting deer. (Sounds gross, i know..but his dad is a meat cutter..and it is deer season..LOL)
There wasn't too much fighting or anything last night..it was great! After having taco salad for supper....i read to them about the birth of Jesus and they listened and enjoyed it! (except J...he was off running around...little squirt LOL) Then we played a game of chutes and ladders that Chris and Heather had gotten them for christmas! M won! She was quite happy! LOL Then the kids played for a while and I did my devotions. It was wonderful spending most of the evening without the TV on! Then I got each of the kids a scoop of icecream out of the freezer and we watched some TV together! Chris came home soon after that while I bathed M and he put the boys to bed. Then he put M to bed as well. It was such a great evening with my kids. Sometimes they bicker and just don't want to get along with each other..and those nights feel sooo unpleasant..but last night was such a blessing and I hope we have many more nights like it!!!

5 comments:

  1. Those nights are amazing. They rejuvenate me, and give me more patience for the next day. I'm so happy you had a great night! BTW, I saw you visited my cousin's blog, (It's a dry heat). :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings Katy!
    How in the world did you find me? Looks like you also have Isa Browns, or perhaps Rhode Island Reds? I have 9 hens and 1 rooster. The rooster was a fluke, as the farmer said he had them all sexed, and there were no roosters...ha ha! But the Lord knew I wanted a rooster, and a rooster is what I got! I put a timer in their hen house and the light goes on around 3am, and off at 8am. I'm not getting as many eggs as I do in the summer, but still averaging 6 a day. The 2 Aracauna hens are very sporatic...maybe one blue egg every few days. I LOVE having chickens also! Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Katy,
    It sounds like you had a great evening last night. My girls call evenings like that "home nights." A home night is we stay home, enjoy each other's company, and wear pajamas if we want. I love those kind of nights.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you have many more nights like that too & hey I hope I do as well! Seeing is though that's all my oldest 2 wanna do is fight fight fight! LOL!
    No really though, those times are precious & they are only little for a little while. So let's enjoy every second♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for a peaceful night! And ice cream and taco salad! Sounds perfectly wonderful.

    -Andrea

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy