Sunday, June 29, 2014

Hiking to Scripture Rocks

Many years ago, a man carved scripture and words into large rocks in our area. There are many different places around our town to find them. Today, after a wonderful church service (full of God's truth with the Scriptures properly expounded to us), we went along with some people from church to have lunch and hike to one set of Scripture Rocks. It was about a 2 mile trip, one way. 

Xavier, ready to go!


My boys and their buddy...


Leading the way...


Off we go...


Chris went too! :)




We found the Scripture Rocks! There's Madelyn...



LIGHT: John 3:19



Jaxson...








We had a really good hike...4 miles or so, total. It was pretty muggy out...and it even rained and thundered too! We were all perspiring so much that the rain was a welcome coolness! It was a good bit of exercise and I will sleep **well** tonight! The idea of getting up and heading to spin class in the morning seems almost too difficult! Maybe after a good night's sleep, I'll be rejuvenated and ready to go! 

Have you ever heard of the Scripture Rocks? Are there any neat things like them in your area? :)

I think I am going to go, put my feet up and work on some knitting for the rest of this evening! 
Thank-you for stopping by! 

Cheerfully,
Katy

3 comments:

  1. How neat! I would hike to see those. :) Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great Sunday afternoon outing. And to go read Scripture rocks would be so meaningful to me and my hubby. Katy, you are always doing things as a family. That is how we brought our kids up, too. And now, they are doing it with their own families. Katy, did I tell you abut my 47 yr old son and my 41 yr old daughter-in-law? They are expecting a baby in August. Their youngest is 15.! My husband and I are very happy and I just can't wait to hold that dear little BOY! Well, that is the news in our family. Thank you for a wonderful post today - The Lord's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Katy! Where exactly are these? They are probably not too far from us. Let me know. It could be a new place for us to hike.

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy