Monday, June 16, 2014

Father's Day 2014

 The most important thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother.
~ Henry Ward Beecher

 And oh, how he *does* love me. Chris is such a great husband and father and I am so, so thankful for him. Neither of us is perfect...but the Lord grows us, teaches us and draws us closer to Him (and each other) through our disagreements, discussions, forgiveness and reconciliation. The children see how Chris loves me and cares for me. My boys will know how to treat a lady and Madelyn will know how a Godly man is to treat her!


For Father's Day this year, the children and I got Chris a hammock chair! He set it up yesterday afternoon after church. Madelyn made one of her own as well.


Xavier made a handle for his hammer head...


Chris and our babies...


Madelyn let Jaxson take a turn in her homemade hammock...


Chris helped his dad out by spreading some stones on the road back to the pavilion...


I just love seeing him on the tractor! :)




We had a picnic with Chris's family (my parents came too!) last evening at the pavilion...



Playtime with Jax and one of our nephews...




Xavier...



Madelyn...


Madelyn with Ma (Chris's mom)...


My dad, sitting next to Chris's brother, and across the table is Pa (Chris's dad)...


Have you not been blessed with a godly father on this earth? Maybe you have lost your earthly father. Please know, if you are a child of God, you have a heavenly Father Who cares for you. He loves better than any other and will never leave you. Do not be downtrodden that your earthly father didn't measure up. Turn to *the* Father and know that He will never forsake you. 


“We knew our Father. There was no need for persuasion. Would not His Fatherliness be longing to give us our hearts' desire (if I may put it so)? How could we press Him as though He were not our own most loving Father?” 
~Amy Carmichael

I hope your Father's Day was blessed. Thanks for sharing in ours! 

The skies are blue today. I have clothes to hang out on the line, grass to mow and other home-keeping duties to do! :) I better get busy! Have a great day!

Cheerfully,
Katy

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful tribute to your husband and the Father of your children... great gift for him too. May you be blessed as you live simply and seek the Lord as a family.. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO wonderful! What blessings the Lord has given. Mmmm...I *love* laundry hung out on the line...especially sheets. :)

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy