Saturday, June 14, 2014

A Day with Dinah

My niece, Eloise, had to be admitted into their hospital's ICU earlier this week. She has a very sensitive respiratory system and my sister thought she might have croup. She was coughing so much, had a high fever and was extremely fatigued. They took her to the ER early one morning and they admitted her to the ICU to be monitored, given meds and breathing treatments and an IV. You can read more about it HERE. My sister even included pictures...oh sweet Eloise. She wouldn't take off her galoshes! 

While Cory and Devon were with El, someone had to take care of Dinah! My mom and Madelyn went on Thursday to stay with her and the Mad and I went up early yesterday. Although I was not happy about the circumstances that brought us there, it was nice to spend that time with Dinah! 

She loved playing with her Max-in-the-box (over and over). I loved catching her giggles after each time Max popped up!





Madelyn and Dinah played "Dinah Says"...


Reading books together...


In the above photos, you will notice that Dinah was wearing shorts. My sister had also layed out pants for her in case it got chilly. When Dinah found the pants...she insisted that she wanted to wear BOTH the shorts *and* pants! Madelyn and I were happy to oblige...it was cute and made us giggle!


Eloise loves to play on her stomach like this! I loved seeing Dinah taking after her older sister...



Lunchtime!


Thankfully, Eloise is on mend. She's still coughing but able to be home and rest. You can read my sister's post about her coming home ~ HERE! We are so thankful for friends and family who prayed for her and am grateful that the Lord has been taking care of her! 

Madelyn and I enjoyed our time spent with the Dinah-girl. I think she had fun and enjoyed the attention all to herself as well! :) She was *quite* happy, though, when El and her parents came home! 

I am hoping the lawn dries up (after having an abundance of rain here lately) today so I can get some mowing done. Chris and the children are keeping busy with projects today as well. This evening, we have a birthday party to go to for our niece on Chris's side of the family. :) It's a busy day ahead! I hope you enjoy yours....glorifying Christ in every thought and action you do! :) 

Until next time, Lord willing, 
Katy


“I have one desire now - to live a life of reckless abandon for the Lord, putting all my energy and strength into it.” 

~Elisabeth Elliot

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy