Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Wife, Mama, Homemaker...

 “This job has been given to me to do. Therefore, it is a gift. Therefore, it is a privilege.

 Therefore, it is an offering I may make to God. Therefore, it is to be done gladly, if it is 

done for Him. Here, not somewhere else, I may learn God’s way. In this job, not in some 

other, God looks for faithfulness.” 

~Elisabeth Elliot


Cleaning, cooking, mowing, laundry, sweeping, tidying, dusting, washing, scrubbing, laughing, crying, playing, exercising, grocery-getting, reading, singing, praying, worshiping, teaching, knitting....all of these are just some of the things that have been keeping me quite busy the past week! ;) Don't let anyone tell you that your role as a wife, mother, homemaker and godly woman is not important (well, they may *say* it or imply it...but don't you believe it!). God gave us this job and we are to do it well, with cheerful hearts and obedience. I pray the wise words I have shared (above and below) from Elisabeth Elliot bless you and encourage you in your journey. Remember, we are just pilgrims here and everything we do should be done to His glory! Always keep the eternal in mind!

I find such encouragement through women like Elisabeth Elliot and Amy Carmichael. They lived lives truly in abandon for the Lord. It is my heart's desire as well!

“[Amy Carmichael's] great longing was to have a "single eye" for the glory of God. Whatever might blur the vision God had give her of His work, whatever could distract or deceive or tempt other to seek anything but the Lord Jesus Himself she tried to eliminate.” 

~Elisabeth Elliot


“The way you keep your house, the way you organize your time, the care you take in your 

personal appearance, the things you spend your money on, all speak loudly about what 

you believe. The beauty of thy peace shines forth in an ordered life. A disordered life 

speaks loudly of disorder in the soul.” 

~Elisabeth Elliot


“Work is a blessing. God has so arranged the world that work is necessary, and He gives us

 hands and strength to do it. The enjoyment of leisure would be nothing if we had only 

leisure. It is the joy of work well done that enables us to enjoy rest, just as it is the 

experiences of hunger and thirst that make food and drink such pleasures.” 

~Elisabeth Elliot

Living for Him,
Katy

5 comments:

  1. I do love my job, Katy. Thank you for the encouragement today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! May your arms be steady for all your tasks today!

    Many Blessings,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Elisabeth Elliot! She is such a great example of Godly womanhood.

    There is joy in our work at home.

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's lovely to *meet* you, Katy. Thank you so much for stopping by my place and introducing yourself. Your words on my blog were a sweet blessing to my heart. The words you've shared here are so encouraging. I *love* Elisabeth Elliot and have for a long time. She has blessed many over the years with her godly wisdom and insights. You have chosen some wonderful quotes to share with us here. May the Lord richly bless you as you follow Him each step of this journey. He is Good and Faithful. Hugs, Camille

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy