Tuesday, June 17, 2014

"As our Father makes many a flower bloom...

 ...unseen in the lonely desert, [let us] do all that we can do, as under God's eye, though no other eye ever take note of it." 
 ~ Hudson Taylor

It is my prayer that through this blog I can reflect a love of Christ, family, home, homemaking, and those around me. I never mean to make it sound as though I even come close to being the perfect wife or mother. I pray when I share my going-ons and such, that it brings God glory because I strive to be obedient to His Word...and to encourage other women. This is definitely not a place for me to share how "wonderful" I am because oh, how I lack (in sooo many areas). All good in me comes from Christ. I desire sanctification, more and more.

So, I hope that when you visit me here, you see a heart that loves God and desires to serve Him. It's so easy to go around the blog-o-sphere and compare ourselves to others. We can feel like we aren't "godly" enough, "rich" enough, "poor" enough, "creative" enough etc. We simply *must* be content in the place God has us. Everything we do must be done to *His* glory...even the little things like folding the laundry and sweeping the floors. When we do it well, unseen and unnoticed by anyone else, we can smile and have joy in knowing that God is pleased with us because our heart seeks to honor Him in *all* our doings (and not seeking to please man)!

When I share my comings, goings and everything in-between, I do so to try to be an example to other women of how a Godly woman should embrace her role as helpmeet and homemaker. I desire to encourage and admonish people around me in a loving way. The Lord encourages me through comments and emails you each send me...as well as admonishes me through talks and wisdom of other women, bringing things to light through His Word (by the Holy Spirit) and discussions with my husband. :)

I have some photos to share of this earthly home God has given us for our time here. I hope you enjoy them!


This is an R2D2 that Jaxson put together all on his own (by random lego parts! No kit!). I thought it was pretty great!


Jax, playing me some songs while I was tidying in the kitchen...



Busy making supper (I am a "clean-up as I go" type. I don't like making a huge mess to clean up later! How do you like to cook?)...


I love having a patch of woods around our back yard (although this picture only shows a portion of our backyard). Trees rustling in the breeze are a glorious sight and sound to me. I also love the shade they provide from this summer heat! (You can see some photos from the front of our homestead HERE)...



Evening ~ time for the girls to do some *free-ranging*...


Can you tell how much they look forward to this time?



If therefore our houses be houses of the Lord, we shall for that reason love home, reckoning our daily devotion the sweetest of our daily delights; and our family-worship the most valuable of our family-comforts... A church in the house will be a good legacy, nay, it will be a good inheritance, to be left to your children after you.
~ Matthew Henry

It's pretty warm here in PA today. I promised the children I would take them over to swim (our neighbors are *fantastic* and let us use their pool all summer!). So I'll take a book to read and relax while they splash around a bit. We are to get some storms here tonight so it's best to get this *fun* in now! :)

Kindly,
Katy

8 comments:

  1. Dear Katy, I loved this post! We must never compare ourselves with one another! I have never felt a spirit of haughtiness from you our your blog in anyway ever...
    Never have a sensed a proud spirit, only a humble and gentle love. What you write and show from your pictures will inspire and draw the heart of women to come home! And this is what your blog does! And I also desire to walk closer and live pleasing to Him.( Sanctification is a process) And He is working it out in me!! Blessings, Miss Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  2. His light shines through you in such a powerful way. Blessings to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Katy ~ I don't know what happened, but, I left a comment and it disappeared. If you find it, feel free to only publish one of these. :) I agree with you that we can compare with others...but, we are to keep our eyes fixed on our precious Saviour...you are right about that! He is our Righteousness....wonderful thought isn't it? You asked about how we cook...sometimes I clean as I go and sometimes I make BIG messes! Hugs to you! Camille

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Katy, I love your posts!! I hope all of you are enjoying your summer! I have a question would you be so kind as to do a post on Homeschooling? I'm new here, my Husband & I have decided to pull our Child out of the public schools here and homeschool him. He will be entering the 9th grade, and I can not send him back into the lions den (aka public school). He is the one that is begging us not to send him back (bully's, etc). I don't know where to start, I had a friend suggest A Beka Homeschool. I'm just lost & everyone, including family members think we are crazy!! Any help you good provide I would be so grateful!! Thank You!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa!!! :) What state are you in? I am more than happy to help you in any way I can. Do you want me to talk to you on this comment section or do you want to email back and forth about it? Feel free to email me: thecountryblossom at hotmail dot com.

      Delete
    2. Thank you! Sorry I just now saw this, my son had to have surgery, so its been crazy here! We live in Illinois (might explain a little of why we don't want him in the public school system, & we can"t afford a Christian HS). I've been looking into A Beka, only because I've never done this before & it seems to have a lot of teacher manuals with the program & answer keys for me!!! Any suggestions will be much appreciated!! Blessing to you & your family!! I know God is in control & is leading us in this direction so that is helping us knowing that!!

      Delete
    3. Your homeschooling laws in IL are soooo nice compared to ours in PA! Here is a pdf of some things for you: http://www.isbe.state.il.us/HomeSchool/faq.pdf

      A Beka is good...but can be expensive. Have you ever looked at Easy Peasy? allinonehomeschool.com We are using it and it's FREE! But...one thing I am realizing...with him going into 9th grade, you will want to be looking into a way for him to graduate...so that's when credits etc. come in. I am not sure if you have any homeschool co ops around you...but they are AWESOME and helping figure this stuff out. It may be difficult for me since I am so far away to help you with this!

      Delete
  5. you have such a homey home, i love looking at the pics..Love the outside, what a nice view you have..So peacefull..just put out the rocking chaird and sit a while and marvel at the sceenery...
    take care Katy..

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy