Monday, December 13, 2010

The Third Week of Advent

It is the third week of the advent season...and I have a confession. I *still* don't have a Christmas tree up. There just hasn't been the time! With schooling and other responsibilities, as well as deer season (which keeps us all busy at the meat market)...Chris and I have just been too busy to make the time to get a tree. We debated just using the pencil tree, like we did last year. But honestly, I love the smell of a real tree. So...I am *hoping* to go this afternoon, after schooling, to get a tree! :)

Some photos to share...


Cloth Christmas napkins, a gift from my mom :)...


Always busy with school planning, teaching and journaling...


Yesterday evening, I made some chocolate peanut sweeties! Oh my! They are rich and delicious! If you would like the recipe, you can find it HERE.

I've been knitting when I have had extra time...

And here is a sneak peak of the surprise project I am working on (that I first mentioned in THIS post). Many made a guess that it was for a baby *I* was pregnant with...but it's not that! :) It's something for my sister's little one, due soon!

I want to take this time to thank each of you for your incredibly kind words you left me on THIS blog post. Your supportive and encouraging words made me smile and warmed my heart. I must admit, I am not a fan of moderating comments. :( But I don't need mean and hurtful comments to be left on my posts for all to see. Just reading words like that can sap joy out of people. I thank you, all, for understanding and lifting me up. :)

I hope you all have a lovely week. I'm so glad you stopped by!
Warmly,
Katy :)

I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. ~Ephesians 3:16-20

12 comments:

  1. Glad that you shared the link to the pb chocolate goodies. They remind me of a Buckeye, which my hubby loves. If I find the time I think I will make these as a Christmas gift for him.

    Have fun finding the perfect tree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you get your tree today! I just love a real tree, too! Ours is so pretty, and we love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is just so beautiful and homey :)

    I put our tree up last week amidst my illness. It is not a real tree, because we don't have the room...but the smell is just heavenly when it is indoors. So to still bring that wonderful scent to my cottage, I burn oil that smells of pine and this leaves me content and brings a smile.

    Thank you for sharing...

    M.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My dear sister-in-Christ, Katy,

    I am hugging your heart right now. I did not read the negative comments that were posted, but none the less, I am so sorry that somebody was trying to hurt you. Don't let satan have a foothold. Based on your previous postings, it seems you are a very strong Christian and will not let him grow a root of bitterness in your heart, but I still felt the need to encourage a fellow sister-in-Christ.

    This person needs to be reminded that Christ (who IS perfect) is our standard. NONE of us can meet that standard because none of us are perfect. This makes the playing field below the cross even! Isn't it wonderful that the Bible is our measuring stick, NOT other people's opinions (I am telling myself this as well.)?

    Hugging you with my heart and praying for this misguided person...Your sister-in-Christ...Blessings

    Heather from Illinois

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is amazing how busy this time of year is! We have Logan's 2nd Birthday party tomorrow night, I still need to make my Strawberry jam that I make to give as gifts and I still need to wrap my gifts!! AND I still need to make my laundry soap!!:0) Hope your having a wonderfully Blessed day my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The holiday season can be so busy and stressful. Just keep the faith! Hope you get that tree this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The beautiful small white stitching is so pure looking. I am sure your dear Sisters Babe will enjoy your TLC as much as your Sister will. Oh you must get a tree. Mine our not real but I have balsam fir candles & tarts burining to scent the air. I always feel welcome & at home visiting your blog. Even if the message God has layed on your heart to share has tramped on my toes once in a great while. I know it is Gods nudge of opening my eyes through someone I can accept the message from. Continue in His service. Dont let the comment drag you down. Again know you are about the Fathers business. Your goodies look yummy. Waiting to see your wonderful tree. Prayers Hugs & Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I came here by momto9. I have been here before, and it is always a lovely place to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Katy,Years ago we would put our
    Real Christmas Tree on Christmas
    Eve Day...Yes this year sure has
    gone by fast..
    Thanks for the Link, My Freind
    from Ohio would make Buckeye too
    so yummyy...

    Blessings/ Hugs to Everyone
    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  10. Katy~ When I first read that you had a bad comment left I thought maybe that person was just having a bad day-been there done that- but I went back and read what was written about you homeschooling your kids and the comment about them being ready for college and such...I am wondering what part they need to prepare for, the unlimited meaningless sex, the partying and drinking at all hours or the use of cussing as a way of speaking???? Your children will be fine and more importantly will be raised with morals of which most college age children do not have...
    Blessings to you my dear Katy
    Joann

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the photos. Especially the second one, but I'm not sure what they are. Measuring cups? They look so beautiful hanging there. It's al so nice!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy