Sunday, December 5, 2010

Buried Treasure!

Look what I found in Madelyn's bedroom when I pulled up the carpeting! **Wood floors!!**
I absolutely love wood floors...even if they aren't perfectly *beautiful*. I like them so much more than carpet. I still have some sweeping to do on them...but after I started pulling it all up ~ I got sick again. I don't know if the dust from it all stirred up my cold again, or what happened...but I was very sick all over again yesterday!

Here are a few other shots from around Madelyn's room...

I still have more painting to do on the tree...hopefully someday...

You can see more of the wood floor in the picture below. You can also see the books Mad has been reading, *Tum-Tum and Nutmeg* and *The Secret Garden*...

I hope you had an enjoyable weekend! Except being sick most of the time, I did! We've been getting more snow...which I must admit is quite beautiful as it falls with gentle, big snowflakes...all intricately designed by the Maker!
I wish you all a wonderful week ahead! It looks to be a busy one for us! I always appreciate you stopping by. Thank you, for taking time out of *your* day to share in mine. :)

Warmly,
Katy :)

I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. ~Ephesians 3:16-20

14 comments:

  1. What a wonderful bedroom for her! Love those wood floors. They are so much cleaner than carpeting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wood floors are definitely much easier to clean than carpets. Madelyn's room looks very neat and I love the cute walls! It's not fun being sick - I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a lovely bedroom. I like wood floors too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That floor looks to be in good condition. I love finding buried treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are fortunate they are in good shape. Ours are 140 years old and full of spaces. That said. like you I rather have the wood then carpet, spaces or not.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i don't know why people cover up wood floors!! i wish my floors were decent enough to rip up our carpet... but i know they aren't... so we can't! love that you found it in mad's room! adds some charm!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wood Floors! How wonderful. I love them too. You did such a beautiful job on the painting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That room is gorgeous! I love the wood floor!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I also love wood floors! I did the same to my house. I didn't realize my house had wood floors till one day I just thought to look! So much cleaner! I know my allergies got better after getting rid of the carpet. Hope you get to felling better!

    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Buried treasure what a wonderful surprise.I love wood floors! I wish the homestead had all wood floors. So much earier to keep clean. I get sick when dust is stired up. Lifting you up in prayer to be well soon. We are getting snow flurries here. You have an amazing talent painting. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So excited for you! What a cool surprise to find wood floors. They are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh, how exciting!! I love wood floors, particularly old ones!! What a great find!!
    Love that room!!
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love wood floors too.. when we bought our house it had wall to wall white carpet.. had no clue it was hiding a beautiful hardwood floor till a couple years ago when my hub decided to do some carpenter work. when he found the wood he ripped all the carpet up and we'll never cover it again... and if u think that's nothing unusual.. we had stick on tile in the kitchen and I bought ceramic tile for it, when the guys started removing the old tile we found a perfectly good Armstrong tile floor under the stick on stuff.. what nut would cover up good floors with inferior stuff?

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy