Thursday, December 2, 2010

The First Week of Advent

Just some pictures from around our home during this first week of the advent season...


Preparing for supper...

The children, early one morning, decorating their Christmas trees (a gift from my mother-in-love). They wanted trees for in their rooms....

They had such fun cutting, gluing and coloring. They made chains, ornaments, stars and candy canes...all from paper! ;)

Madelyn's tree...

We had days of rain...then finally, the temperature dropped and snowflakes began forming and gently settling atop one another...


Schooling has kept us busy. Most often, we are in the schoolroom...but sometimes it's nice to all sit together at the dining room table, as well. :)

I began this week with a terrible cold, but am happy to report that I have slowly-but-surely gotten better! I got some bread made and errands run today! :)

I have made a Question and Answer post. If you haven't read it yet...feel free to see it HERE. If *you* have any questions...please, ask. I will continue to update the post as questions are asked! I hope you are having a lovely first week of advent. Thanks, so much, for visiting. :)

Warmly,
Katy :)

I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. ~Ephesians 3:16-20

8 comments:

  1. What a great post. I have a question for you. What religion are you all?

    Your advent candles are so nice. I remember advent calendars and wreaths from when I was in school and I have been looking for a nice advent calendar for my little ones. Any one you know that handles nice ones for kids.

    Have a great rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you said
    mother-in-love" this is so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love all of your pictures. Your home looks so cozy. I love the pics of the kids decorating their own trees.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad that you are feeling better. I love the little Christmas trees! They are so sweet. My daughter has a little tree in her room, also.
    Sure wish we could get a little of that snow over here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are feeling better Katy! Our kids love having trees in their rooms too...even my 18 year old daughter! Our youngest son has so many garlands on his tiny tree, it can't stand up at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice post, Katy!

    I have been making bread every week lately...I really like doing it, and we love eating it! I have been using spelt, have you ever used it before?

    My kids have their own little trees too!

    Glad your feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the little Christmas trees. What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. not sure how i missed this post! great idea for sandi to get the kids trees!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy