Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas Memories!

Hello! Merry Christmas! I hope you each enjoyed a wonderful holiday with your loved ones! We sure did...although it was *quite* busy! Although I have more pictures than this (and so far, Christmas isn't finished with us...we still need to celebrate with Chris's immediate family!)...but I thought I would share a few memories from our celebrations...

I did lots of baking (as most mamas do!)...

Christmas Eve we had supper with family and then headed to church for a beautiful time of worship and praise!

Mr. Blue-Eyes...


Christmas morning, I awoke early, as normal. We have a rule in our house (as a general rule)...children must stay in bed till 7 am. On Christmas, this is the case as well...although they aren't allowed downstairs until Mama and Daddy give the *OK*. So they anxiously awaited the signal, at the top of the stairs! ;)

Early morning peace...


Soon they came down and got to open fun, small gifts from in their stockings. We don't *do* Santa here...but we still fill their stockings as extra fun for the day!


Then we take turns opening gifts. It took us a good hour or so to open everything (although there wasn't *a lot*). The children were excited to give Chris and me gifts, as well. I was so warmed by their giving hearts.


I stayed on a basic theme for their gifts this year. Madelyn mostly received miniature items for in her dollhouse! Oh...there is such fun dollhouse things out there! I think I need my *own* dollhouse! ;) The boys were gifted with legos. I found some good deals on some used legos...and they were thrilled!


Then...after everything else was opened...came the *big* gifts...I found each of the children two Melissa and Doug Puppets. They thought they were just great....then we made them all go in the bathroom and shut the door while we brought out....


A puppet theatre! I told Chris how I wanted it...and he built it. I also asked him to paint the lower front panel with chalkboard paint so the children can write "Now Showing" or whatever else they want to on it! We used paint we already had...so that was a nice money-saver! Since my sewing machine is still at the *fixers*, I had to make due with the curtains I could find. :)

Here the children are when they first saw it...

Then, of course, it was time for some puppet shows!

Before other family came for brunch...all four (yes, even Daddy) were down having fun, playing with Legos! ;)

Soon, family and loved ones arrived and we enjoyed a delicious brunch, gifts and fellowship! We were so happy to have my cousin, Jesse, with us this season...as his parents are visiting friends down south over Christmas. He was a great help getting things seperated from their packing boxes! :) (We also welcomed our friend, Heather, too! It was such fun enjoying the Christmas season with many people!)

More puppet shows entertained us for a bit in the afternoon...


Mid-afternoon, friends and family left to go home. We all napped and I began, slowly, cleaning up the house! ;) The evening was spent with Chris's dad's family...having a large meal and fellowship!

I was blessed in so many ways this year! A few things I was really grateful for were some homemade cloth napkins from my sister! Some of my older ones will get turned into dust cloths!

I also received this beautiful cupboard from my parents...

The inside...

For it to have a home, it required some rearranging! The dining room is still somewhat discombobulated, at the moment...but I will share some pictures soon!

Hoping you all enjoyed your day! Thanks so much for visiting! :)
There's lots I need to accomplish...so I better get moving!

Warmly,
Katy :)

I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. ~Ephesians 3:16-20

15 comments:

  1. Katy,
    Sounds like a blessed and wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How I enjoyed your Christmas memories! love LOVE the cupboard you received too:)
    We had a good Christmas eve and day as well I posted pictures to my blog if you are interested. We too have company to share Christmas with yet tonight..should be fun!
    I sure enjoy hearing of how you rearrange this and that. It motivates me to just enjoy taking care of my home...that's kind of one of the things I wanna work on in myself this coming new year:) with having triple the number of children I kind of lost that homemaking spark iykwim....but I will enjoy making mmy house a home..the best I can considering how many people make messes here:)
    Well enjoy the rest of your Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very much enjoyed reading about your day. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katy~Such a nice Christmas you and your family had! The puppets and puppet stage look like they were a hit! How fun that you and your husband made it together--a treasured gift, for sure! Our Christmas was full of family, and food as well! After Christmas Eve service, we came home for our Christmas eve gift of new jammies, then had Jesus' bday cake, and watched "The Nativity Story." If you haven't seen the movie, it is wonderful. Blessings to you into the new year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katy,

    looks like a wonderful Christmas for all of you! I love the puppet theatre and the cabinet from your parents! Beautiful. Hope you have a wonderful evening!
    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the puppet theater. A wonderful and creative idea for your children. Also love the legos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a delightful day you had! We did too, just sweet giving to each other, nothing too expensive, just thoughtful for the person.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you all had a very blessed Christmas.Have a safe New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cupboard! It looks like you all had a great Christmas.

    Have a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a blessed time...and wonderful memories.

    Your house looked exactly right - happy and filled with laughter :)

    Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Merry Christmas Katy! I was catching up on your blog and I noticed the presents that were wrapped (so cute by the way)...Is Madelyn's middle name Grace? Because my Madelyn is Madelyn Grace too!!! We gave her that middle name because ONLY by God's Grace she is our beloved daughter. It looks like you have a blessed Christmas with family and friends.

    God bless,

    Amy <><

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a beautiful christmas you all had..
    love the cupboard..

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your Christmas memories..and they are so familiar. I remember the year a college was throwing out big chalk boards. It was the best gift ever. We always found used Lego and toys too. Just more recycling that benefits everyone! Loved it when my kids were at the stages yours are at.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely cupboard from your parents! The puppet theater is so cool. So glad to hear you all enjoyed Christmas. It was nice to find someone else who dose not do santa. I am not the only one then. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Katy: Everything looks great! Wondering where you purchased the gifted legos-ebay, craigs list? My son loves them too.
    thanks,
    patti

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy