Tuesday, December 28, 2010

"Christmas is forever...

..., not for just one day,
for loving, sharing, giving, are not to put away
like bells and lights and tinsel, in some box upon a shelf.
The good you do for others is good you do yourself..."
~Norman Wesley Brooks, "Let Every Day Be Christmas," 1976

"Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmas-time."
~Laura Ingalls Wilder

The tree is now down, for to get the house back to it's rightful state, things where they belong, it needed to go to make room. But may we hold the spirit of Christmas in our hearts every day. A spirit of love, giving, sacrifice and gratefulness. May we remember, daily, that God came to earth as a babe...to be the greatest sacrifice of all....because of His love for us!

Above are some mini bagels I had made over Christmas time. I used the same bagel recipe I have posted about before...but just made them smaller! :)

One of my favorite books I have gotten recently...

Jaxson loves *seek-and-find* books...

Madelyn received a *make-your-own* quilt set for Christmas and has been having a lot of fun putting it together...

A few pictures of around the dining room where I had to do a bit of rearranging to make a spot for the cupboard my parents gifted me for Christmas...





It's nice to have things basically back-to-order around the house. There are still a few things to put away...some trash to burn...etc. But overall....things are tidy. :)

Last evening was a wonderful night. After Chris arrived home from work, we enjoyed a supper of stuffed chicken breasts, mashed potatoes and broccoli. We did a little Brain Quest trivia and then after supper was all cleaned up...we played Bingo! The children (as well as Chris and I) had such a fun time with it! I was the *caller*.

After a few games of that...we all snuggled into the living room and had devotions and read a chapter from Little House on the Prairie. We also prayed over our family for health...as we found out that some members from Chris' side had caught a stomach bug...and we had just been with them all the night before! So far, we haven't gotten sick...but only time will tell!

Thanks, so much, for dropping by. :)
Until next time,
Katy :)

I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. ~Ephesians 3:16-20

9 comments:

  1. I love the cupboard your parents got you it is so pretty. We have put away our decorations here also in order to get our house back in order for the New Year. I am going to be cleaning real good today in our house as we got a strep throat bug that is going through our house since Christmas morning. I have hubby down and my 4 yr old and my 10 yr old looks like he is not feeling well. So this momma will be cleaning real well with some clorox and such in the bathrooms and kitchen.

    Thanks for sharing and hope all in Chris's family gets to feeling well soon and that your sweet family does not get the virus. My folks had that for Christmas but they were not around us.

    Happy and Blessed New Year to you and yours.

    Hugs,

    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Christmas chain on your tree~if you don't mind, could you tell me how to make one?
    Your cupboard is so pretty!
    And the bagels~oh my~they look so professional!
    I love my Encyclopedia of Country Living...
    Hoping that you all stay well!
    Thanks for being such a blessing and inspiration!♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that cabinet your parents got you, its gorgeous!! As far as the stomach bug I pray your family is spared, Steve and I had it Christmas Day and night, we are just today feeling better. I am getting ready to put away my decorations. Have a wonderful week my friend!:0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do hope that you don't get the stomach bug...hate that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was wondering if you could please share how you keep your berry swags clean. Mine get so dusty and the only thing I have found to do it sit and tediously dry wipe each berry down individually.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been putting away the Christmas things yesterday and today. It is good to get the house back in order!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your home looks very cozy and warm. Great blog! :) And I will definitely have to try the bagel recipe. I love bagels.

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  8. It all looks so quiet and peaceful Katy and your background music is beutiful.

    Blessings Gail

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy