Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The Fourth Week of Advent

We lit the last candle on the advent wreath...now all are burning brightly!

My Grammie gave me a Christmas gift and told me I was to open it right away...

She made those pillows! I just love yo-yos. She has made me a yo-yo runner before as well! Aren't the pillows just wonderful? I always love handmade gifts! Don't you? :)

My littlest loves' masterpieces on display...

Fresh bread from the oven...


I love the look of a warm, glowing candle inside, with the cold, snowy outside seen through the window...

I did a little decorating/rearranging in the kitchen area last evening...

The holder that the measuring cups and telephone are on used to be on the counter. Now that I have found it a good home, it has freed up a little counter space!

And finally...a picture of the *Leaning Tree of Christmas*. (We tried to get it straight...but it seems to like to lean *into* our home...I think it just loves to be here! ;)

The week will be busy...baking, wrapping, cleaning and preparing for Christmas. I am so thankful for each of you...that you come and visit, read and share with me. It helps me to know that I can share a form of ministry, while still at home tending to my family and chores. I am just a simple woman, learning every day. I walk this journey of life beside my Savior. It blesses me that you take the time out of your busy day to walk with me too!

I wish you all a *very* Merry Christmas.
May the love of Christ fill your hearts to overflowing.

With love and gentleness,
Katy

I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. ~Ephesians 3:16-20

17 comments:

  1. Your house looks so cozy. The pillows your grammy made are beautiful. Hope you have a Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pillows are gorgeous Katy :)

    I have a leaning tree too. No matter what I do or where I place it, it always leans to the right!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello sweet friend........just had to come and wish you and yours a Merry and Blessed CHRISTmas. Know things must be a buzzing in your home with all the excitement of celebrating the birth of CHRIST......same here! Smile!

    Hugs from my farm, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your leaning Christmas tree makes me smile!

    Lovely post as always.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. unMerry, Merry Christmas to you, too, Katy.

    Friends,
    Susannah

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree that homemade gifts are the best! Adorable pillows.

    Merry Christmas to you also!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pillows! They are wonderful!

    Have a Wonderful Christmas Katy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. handmade gifts are the best!They show that the person giving htem thought of you asked they spent many hours working on something special just for you! I also like store bought gifts that are not typical...that show that the person giving them put thought and effort into finding just the right item to find for you! These kinds of things show care.
    One day I hope I have time for such things:)

    In the new year I'd like to knit/crochet and make those dishcloths you make:) I've found some of those at the thrift shop and use them till they are shreds:)

    Well have a wonderful Christmas enjoying your loved ones! Will you be home or are you visiting family? What are your Christmas plans?

    ReplyDelete
  9. your home looks so cozy and warm...God's richest blessings upon you and your wonderful family this Christmas season....hugs (the pillows are wonderful..please tell your mom)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Grandmas are the best! Merry Christmas, Katy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the yo yo tree pillows that your Grammie made. They are beautiful and a treasure for you.
    I can smell that beautiful bread!
    I know you and yours are going to have a wonderful Christmas.
    Love ya!
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful pillows your Gram made. The littles gingerbread houses are so cool. Always great to have more counter space. Pretty tree. I have a Christmas card post on my blog now. If you get a chance to visit it. It is for you to! I was not sure if you were a follower but I so wanted to share this post with you. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love those pillows, they are beautiful..
    have a great christmas my friend..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Katy, How pretty! I love your advent candles. I've been celebrating advent on my blog (and of course in our family) all month too. I didn't know you were as well. I love yo-yo's too! They are my favorite way to decorate and embellish things I've sewn. What darling pillows!

    Have a Merry and Blessed Christmas!

    xo
    Donna @ Comin' Home

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love candles, and fresh baked bread is wonderful:).

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love these pillows the are great and when you see them it does thinking about your grammy.

    I love your post an I wish you a Merry Christmas.

    Hugs from snowing Netherlands

    Eveline!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What sweet pillows! Merry Christmas to you all!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy