Thursday, December 16, 2010

Home

The ache for home lives in all of us, the safe place where we can go as we are and not be questioned.
~Maya Angelou

Home is my most favorite place to be. Is it yours?

Schooling in the morning...




Homemade shells and cheese for lunch (a family favorite!)...

Silly boys!

As I was making supper this evening...the children came down from upstairs, the boys wearing anything they could find that was camouflage and Madelyn with a scarf tied around her head...I soon learned that this was "Robin Hood's daughter" and her "merry men"! According to Madelyn, in the *book* Robin Hood, Robin dies! I had no idea! That is why she decided she would be his "daughter"! ;)

Let the wife make the husband glad to come home, and let him make her sorry to see him leave.
~Martin Luther

I am thrilled to report that all the deer processing (cutting/wrapping) is done for this deer season at the meat market! Oh how relieved we all feel! It is a long two weeks! I look forward to getting back into the routine of suppers at home as a family. I like to make sure the house is tidy when Chris gets home from work. I want him to feel loved, relaxed and cared for when he gets home after a long day! :)


Soft, Christmas instrumental music plays in the background while candles burn, lightly scenting the air with pleasant fragrance! Simple things, like that, make me happy! :)

Spaghetti for supper...with some of the homemade spaghetti sauce I made and canned earlier this year...

And homemade peanut butter frosting to put atop a chocolate cake!


There is nothing like staying at home for real comfort.
~Jane Austen

I hope your home is your sanctuary. Your place of love and comfort. A place to feel safe, warm and joyful. Every day won't be necessarily *perfect*...but because you are home, that's okay! ;)

Home is a name, a word, it is a strong one; stronger than magician ever spoke, or spirit ever answered to, in the strongest conjuration.
~Charles Dickens

I enjoy being a home-maker. The task can be daunting at times, with the numerous responsibilities a wife and mother hold...but also such an immeasurable blessing to be entrusted by the Creator of the Universe to care for the family He gives me. I make mistakes and keep crawling back to Him, asking for forgiveness, strength and guidance. Our job isn't easy...but it's one of the *best* jobs you will ever have, never forget that! :)

**Many new questions have been asked on the Q and A post...feel free to check them out, if you would like to! And maybe *you* have a question...feel free to post it there! I find it fun!**

Fondly,
Katy

I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. ~Ephesians 3:16-20

15 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas Katy, and think you so much for you thoughtful, warm posts. They always speak to me.

    Sincerely,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful post and you have a beautiful family and country home to match.

    I love being at home too, there is no better place than those familiar surroundings and a loving family.

    Take care,

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Katy,
    Thanks for your simple photos. They calm my day!

    Hey, I heard on FLN radio of a book called Heaven is for Real. I really want to read it (hopefully over Christmas break). It is about a three year old who had a near death experience and he says he visited heaven. Since that day he has been telling stories about heaven and meeting Jesus.

    His parents keep asking him what Jesus looked like and the boy keeps taking about His eyes and how they are special. And he said that Jesus has markers. After some questions his dad finds out that the markers were marks on his hands and feet.

    Another day he told his mom he has two sisters, one he met in heaven. (His mom had a miscarage when she was two months along and never told her three year old about it.) The sister said God adopted her. She was excited to meet someone in her family and she was so excited wait to meet her mom and dad someday!

    WOW! I know you can't believe everything you hear/read, but coming from a three year old...
    I don't know... it was touching.

    Merry Christmas,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katy,I really do enjoy your posts.. the children look so happy, you can tell what a warm, loving and comfortable home they live in. I am adjusting to staying home quite nicely I enjoy it a great deal and I am thankful that I am able to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love my home too! Pure comfort and joy! Merry Christmas Katy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am TOTALLY a Homebody! I can think of no other place I'd rather be!

    CHRISTmas Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a homemaker and love it too!
    Katy you are a blessing and your posts never fail to encourage me~thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now, I'm hungry and it's not even lunch time!

    I would love your recipe for Peanut Butter frosting. I bet that'd be yummy on brownies too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Home is my favorite place in the whole world. I would never leave if it wasn't absolutely necessary. Thank you for sharing your home with us. It is so warm and cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Katy,

    Coming from another homemaker, I must tell you that one of my greatest blessings is the ability to stay home with my family.

    It is a gift that I don't take for granted.

    Deer season is over here also, and even though, we don't hunt, we have so many friends that do. My girl friends are also very happy that they could get back to a normal routine again :-D

    Thank you for sharing...

    M.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love being able to stay home and tend my home and family is such a treat. Nothing I have ever done has given this much satisfaction.

    Would you share the peanut butter frosting receipe?

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. youre a blessing to your family Katy..
    hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  13. My favourite place is HOME. Pure and simple. I thought you may like this wonderful quote about home, and thank you for the quote you shared:

    "If you wanted to gather up all tender memories, all lights and shadows of the heart, all banquetings and reunions, all filial, fraternal, paternal, conjugal affections, and had only four letters with which to spell out the height and depth and length, and breadth and magnitude and eternity of meaning, you would write it all out with these four capital letters: H-O-M-E."
    Thomas DeWitt Talmage

    Merry Christmas dear.

    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have been lurking, quietly on your blog for a long time. :)

    Just wanted to say you BLESS me with each and every post. I enjoy checking each day to see what you have posted.

    Thank you for serving the Lord by blogging to fellow home makers. It's a joy to 'hear from you' with each new post.

    -Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a "Beautiful" Post Katy
    and Family... Thanks :-)

    Linda I LOVE your comment the
    story about the little BOY its
    "amazing" how the Lord has a
    purpose !!! It's just a touching
    messag I used to listen to FLN
    Radio...Have to find the Book
    thanks for sharing too..
    Merry Christmas
    Trish

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy