Saturday, December 4, 2010

Five

This handsome fellow is now a five-year-old! He is quite happy about it, too! My sweet, itty-bitty, last little button, Jaxson, has turned five in what seemed to be only but a few short weeks! The time really does go so quickly, doesn't it? When *I* was young, my parents and other adults always told me to enjoy being small, since the time flies by. At that time though, I felt like I would never grow up! Now that I am the mama, I see that they were all right!

Grammie (my mom) invited us all out for a birthday breakfast. My sister surprised Jaxson, by making the hour long drive to be there with us, as well! :)

We had eggs, toast, pancakes, bacon and other delicious breakfast foods. Then, some of the staff, at the restaurant we were at, brought out a cupcake and sang to Jax!

Grammie even brought balloons!


Xavier...

Madelyn helping Jaxson read a scroll that X wrote for him...

It said...

From X's little, sweet heart to Jaxson's! Things like that sure warm a mother's heart, don't they? Makes previous squabbles between them seeminly disappear!

In the evening, since it *is* dear season and we are all terribly busy with deer coming in...we had Jax's birthday party at the meat market. I made some rolls and sloppy joes to take down...

I made a cake (with a new recipe for it and the icing. They were ok...but my cakes-from-scratch always end up being quite dense.)

Jaxson...happy to be five and showing off his new shirt from Aunt Nen...

All lit up!


He enjoyed opening a couple presents from loved ones...and then enjoyed playing the rest of the evening with his siblings and cousins! :)

I am *so* very thankful for each of the beautiful years God has blessed are lives with our littlest love. He is an absolute joy and treasured greatly! Birthdays are a glorious celebration of LIFE!

We are all looking forward to celebrating the birthday of our beloved Jesus, at the end of this month. His life was the *greatest* gift ever given for each of us! :)

Enjoy the rest of your weekend...as well as the week ahead!
Kindly,
Katy :)

I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. ~Ephesians 3:16-20

8 comments:

  1. What a cute 5 yr. old, happy birthday to Jaxson!!! My son was a December baby too, the 23rd, and if he would have waited another 15 min. it would have been Christmas Eve:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Jaxson, such a
    handsome little fellow.. Yes Katy
    The Lord has blessed you and your soul-mate !!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 5th Birthday, Jaxson! =) He is oh so cute! Love how Xavier puts the ribbon on his head - he's definitely a charmer =) It sounds like he had a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to Jaxson! May the Lord bless him today and always!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice shirt.. :)

    i'm sure when he gets older, instead of being bummed he has a birthday during deer season, he'll love that his birthday is celebrated at the meat market. it will be all the more special! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to Jaxson! My youngest little girl turned 5 on Thanksgiving this year. I love the picture of him smiling over the birthday cake. :-) Doesn't the time just go by so fast? Have a great week!
    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday Jaxson! Hope that you had lots of fun and wish you many more years of "bugging!"

    Nicki in WV

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy