Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Tea for two.......

For those of you, like me, who want our nation's leaders to follow the Constitution of the United States....and see how they aren't in a lot of ways...below are some inspirational quotes that just may soothe your spirit a bit. :) I will be attending a peaceable Tea Party in our town on April 15th. Will you?

This isn't about politics. It isn't about fanatics. It's about normal Americans....telling the government that they work for *us*. It's about standing up for the values and principles our forefathers set in place. If you are locally around me in Western PA and want info on a tea party...email me! (Link in left sidebar). If not....I encourage you to join in a tea party in your area next Wednesday! Stand up for what you believe in! :) That is what freedom is all about! This doesn't just affect us...this will affect our children! If you have any questions at all about all this...please feel free to email me or leave me a comment with your email address.

There will be literally thousands of tea parties going on that day! Our voices *will* be heard! :)
Do you realize that alot of things that are passing through the Congress and the Senate aren't even being read??? They are voting on things they haven't read!!!! How is that responsible and in our best interests? Things are being pushed through too quickly!

**To be honest...when I read a blog that sounds (or is) fanatical....I quickly click away. It stresses me out!!! But, most of you who read here know me in real life or through my years of blogging. You can see my heart and the love I have for people (I hope). I have firm Christian beliefs and values and I want to make sure my children have the freedom to have the same. I am passionate about keeping the values of our country in place...and as I watch as they fall to the wayside...I sit, heart pounding, thinking "what can I do?"....and now I *can* do something. You can too. You aren't alone.

I encourage you...if you agree with me...sign THIS petition and go to a Tea Party. Write and Call your Senators, Congressmen, and Representatives. Let's help rebuild this country...with the hopes of keeping life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness....as well as our freedoms and rights!!! :)






"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other."
John Adams


"If we wish to be free, if we mean to preserve inviolate those inestimable privileges for which we have been so long contending, if we mean not basely to abandon the noble struggle in which we have been so long engaged, and which we have pledged ourselves never to abandon until the glorious object of our contest shall be obtained _ we must fight!"
Patrick Henry

"(T)he foundation of our national policy will be laid in the pure and immutable principles of private morality; ...the propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained..."
George Washington

"Can the liberties of a nation be sure when we remove their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people, that these liberties are a gift from God?
Thomas Jefferson

"Government is not reason; it is not eloquence. It is force. And force, like fire, is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."
George Washington

"We must all hang together, or, assuredly, we shall all hang separately."
Benjamin Franklin

"Let us therefore animate and encourage each other, and show the world that a free man, contending for his liberty on his own ground, is superior to any slavish mercenary on earth."
George Washington


"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms . . ."
GEORGE MASON

This is the tendency of all human governments. A departure from principle becomes a precedent for a second; that second for a third; and so on, till the bulk of society is reduced to mere automatons of misery, to have no sensibilities left but for sinning and suffering... And the fore horse of this frightful team is public debt. Taxation follows that, and in it's train wretchedness and oppression."
Thomas Jefferson

"We, the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution."

Abraham Lincoln

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!
Patrick Henry

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for all those wonderful quotes. I sit around wondering what I can do too.

    I'll have to check out what will be going on in the Nashville area that day.

    Blessings,
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I'm not the only one that is amazed at the way our government is leading us down the path to destruction. I'll bet the only document that every one of them has read lately is the one about their current pay raise. I'm almost 70 years old and have never seen things as bad as they are now. I pray for wisdom for our leaders every day. Somehow I don't think my prayers are being answered because they don't act very wise lately.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and your sweet message. I am also going to a tea party next week. Love your quotes.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all the quotes and the great post. I'll have to see if anything is going on locally..although I do have class that evening.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a 9/12er too..have you joined your state group? Please do! we are having a tea party here next week...
    here is a link to show all the tea parties scheduled around the country

    http://tinyurl.com/cghcfm

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy