Tuesday, April 21, 2009

A New Bathroom Cupboard...and Thoughts...


I don't know why I didn't do this a long time ago...this is a simple cupboard from Walmart. Not awesome quality...but still okay. It works perfectly in my Mary Engelbreit bathroom! It is smaller than the other lil cupboard thingy I had there and works really well! I am super pleased with how it turned out and wanted to share!

And....although many believe I am super mom and such a great homemaker...the truth is that I am sooooooo far from perfect and had previously convinced myself that it was OK to slack some. Last night while praying, I asked God to mold me and make me into a pleasing, selfless wife and mother. Today...for some reason (I believe an answer to prayer) it kinda hit me like a ton of bricks. The more time I spend on the computer, knitting (when other chores need done) etc...I am not truly using my time and energy wisely. I am not prioritizing correctly. Sure...there is a time and place for knitting and reading...such as when the kids are napping or in the evenings after supper is cleaned up and all is *relaxed* and *still* in the home.

Now...by no means is my home completely trashed or unkempt. But what I am trying to say is that I could definitely be keeping up with it *better*. I would never want to be a lazy or *idle* person...or even *shudders to type it* selfish! But that is what I am if I am not being a wife and mother first and to the best of my ability.

I wanted to share some *reality* of me. Although perfection is not truly obtainable...I do desire to *try* to be all that God has made me...for the time He has given me. So....as I prioritize and really focus on what is important....my posts may be a bit scattered. Don't be alarmed if I have days of not posting or answering emails. I *may* have the time to do it daily....but if I don't...I don't want to feel the *need* to get on the computer to check things.

Actually living life is much more important than being on the computer or living in a book. Not that I spent a *ton* of time doing either each day..but probably more than what I should. Along with being a wife and mother....I wear sooo many other hats...daughter, granddaughter, sunday school teacher, youth group helper, Christian, friend, patriot etc. These are all such important things in my life as well....and I need to make sure that everything is prioritized in my life.

My walk and relationship with God comes first...Chris comes second...my children come third....family and friends....and so on. Sometimes it is hard to admit stuff like this....and the question passed through my mind if I should even share this. But then I realized what dear friends you are and that most of you will probably understand how I am feeling. Since I am usually posting daily...I wanted to give my friends a heads up! :) I want to use the time God has given me on this Earth, wisely. I will still blog...but just when there is time! :) I hope you all understand! I hope to still blog a few times a week....but I need to see how time allows!

Please feel free to share your thoughts with me via comments and also feel free to email me. My link is in the left sidebar. I will reply as time allows as well! :) Thank you so much! I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday!!!


12 comments:

  1. I totally relate to what you mean about the time spent blogging....
    Although I really enjoy it,
    I just have so much to do sometimes....that it has to be slid to the back burner....
    You'll make the right choice for you and your family and will be blessed for doing so....

    Backwoodsprim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katy, I've been feeling the same way and I'm sensing the same with other women throughout blog land right now!

    I think I'll send you an email if that's OK!

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This spoke to me too Katy! It's hard to keep that priority and I do feel guilty when I don't visit or post as much, but I'm trying to do better with what you posted about today too!

    Love the cabinet by the way!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so understand Katy! I just posted yesterday about needing a homekeeping schedule. It is easy to let the fun things take over and then at the end of day the things that should be important are left unfinished. Where my priorities lie has been on my mind and heart for a while now. You are certainly not in the journey alone!

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know I totally understand what you are saying, and I actually got some really good tips from your comments, I always do. You are like a true inspiration to me. Don't worry if you can't get to the blog daily, I'll still check in for when you are able to get to it. Your right there are other things that come first and I commend you for stepping up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so right. Blogland can be like serving another master if you let it. When blogging becomes an obsession to please others rather than a true sharing of your life then it's a complication. It's become a little easier for me lately to blog, but as you know I have been absent a lot because life is just too good to spend hours on the computer!! It was very refreshing when I broke my previous laptop. I actually couldn't get online without bothering someone else, so I didn't. Wow did I get a lot more done!! LOL

    I love how the spirit leads you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can absolutely relate! I have alot to prioritize as well. It seems overwhelming at times so I know how you are feeling. XOXOXO
    I'm going to email you something in a sec.

    Have a great rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think we have all had that ah-ha moment lately as a lot of my blog friends, including myself, have cut back on computer time. There is a time and season for all. Hope you have super day. Julie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I completely agree with the way you feel. sometimes blogging can become borderline addiction or a responsbility. And it should never come before your REAL responsbilities or life. Do what you have to do girl! I recenlty had to cut back A LOT until my life allowed me to come back to it. In the last week, I've had more blogging time than in the past two months so just remember, it can be cyclical and God will show you when it is right. God bless and look forward to reading when you can post.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can so understand what you are saying Katy! Time can get away from us while on here. And your right God and your family come first!! Bless you and your family my friend!!!
    I love your new stand in your bathroom it does go so well in there!!! Have a wonderful day!!xoxoxo~Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad to hear about your new vacuum! I've been contemplating getting a new one myself but wasn't sure what one to get. So I'm going to check out the Wind tunnel. I too would love a Dyson but I did price them and way out of my price range! Have a great day cleaning! ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  12. Katy,
    I am so glad you posted about these issues.I have been feeling the same convictions as well.I don`t know if you`ve noticed or not,but sometimes it is actually weeks before I have time to update my blog.I`m so glad to see that God is convicting you in the same wauys He`s been convicting me.It`s really an encouragement.Often times I wonder how so many lady`s manage to do it all.It seems as though,they have time for their chores,children and families,hobbies,daily devotions and keep up wit blogging daily.Sometimes I think that maybe it`s just me that struggles and just can`t seem to do it all.I have come to the conclusion that it`s just too time consuming to be on the computer every day. I`m glad God is showing you these things too! I`ll pray that God will continue to give you wisdome to use your time to bring Him glory:)Hope your having a blessed weekend!!
    Love and blessings,Toni

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy