Sunday, April 26, 2009

Surprise!!!

Oh what a fun weekend!!! My friend, Heather, and I planned a big surprise 30th birthday party for our husbands! (My Chris's is in March and her Chris's is in April!) We have been planning this for over a year!!! It turned out to be a gorgeous day (although almost a lil toooo hot...in the 90's!)! But they were definitely surprised!!!

Our pastor (who is Heather's dad) was the one who got them to the party....
My Chris, especially, had no clue since his birthday was a month previous!!! LOL

There were even more people than this there....

Alot of people sat behind where I took the pic where there were trees for shade! It was super hot!

I think everyone had a nice time (I got a nice tan...LOL!). We had a Steeler theme as we live in Western PA and are big Steeler fans here! :) We all cooked hotdogs and my aunt made the cake (pictured with the Chris' in the top pic). We had pop and nachos and pasta salads and meat/cheese trays!

The funniest part of the afternoon...was when Debbie (Heather's mom and our pastor's wife) did the ceremonial ooga booga initiation....(have you ever heard of this?)....

Heather and I soaked sponges while the guys were doing what Debbie told them..."ooga, booga" and such....

Then Heather slipped them in on their chairs while they were standing and when they went to sit back down....here is the result....

It was sooooooooooooooooooooooo hilarious!!! Then, I am there taking pics and laughing and Heather's Chris goes after her with the sponge and my Chris comes after me....I started running..but I was in flip flops and gave up and he got me all wet too!!! LOL Then they both went and soaked Debbie too!!! It was so so funny and everyone was laughing!!!!!! Aren't their faces in that pic sooooooo hysterical???

We have had a beautiful weekend here in PA!!! It's been a lil warmer than I like....but it is suppose to cool down a bit later in the week. I am looking forward to it! I hate having to run fans too much! The kids have been having a blast outside riding their bikes and enjoying the sun and God's beautiful Creation! However, they are each still battling a bit of a cough...so they haven't been as fully active playing as usual!

I hope you all have a wonderful start to your week! Thank you so much for stopping by and sharing in my special weekend with me! :)

"May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer."
~Irish Proverb



12 comments:

  1. How fun! It looks like you all had a great time! I'm glad the weather was good for the party.

    Have a great day, Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture is priceless!! What a great joke, I will have to use it sometime!! Happy b-day to your hubby.
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. i want a cake like that for my birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so cool..

    even better that they had NO IDEA!

    Yeah that pic is pretty funny..and I've never heard of ooga booga LOL

    Have a good week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like fun! Hope your week is filled with Gods blessings! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like an awesome time! What fun! And you captured it on film! Have a lovely day. ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, that looks like so much fun! I love get togethers like that.

    I LOVE the wet sponge gag! Thanks for the idea - I'll definitely remember that one. We have tons of summer birthdays in our family!

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun party!

    I agree it is a little warmer then I like, but it sure beats the cold and snow!

    Enjoy your outside time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you all surprised them! Looks like you had a great time. I love the Irish proverb also. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Never heard of the ooga=booga, but it looks to have been fun. In fact, it sounds like a wonderful time. My granddaughters father is a steelers fanantic! and I love cake! would have been fun.....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my how funny!
    I have never heard of that before!! I laughed outloud as I read that and saw the pictures!!
    I will most DEFINITELY have to remember that one! LOL!!
    Looks like had a really fun time and the day was blessed!

    Have a great week!
    Backwoodsprim

    ReplyDelete
  12. The photographer deserves a prize for capturing these priceless memories! SUPER FUNNY....
    and HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy