Friday, April 3, 2009

On My Knitting Needles Lately....

With the weather super windy and rainy today....I have been knitting. It's one of those days where I feel extremely tired ~ probably because it is so dreary out! I knitted a hat, above, for a friend's son...and I am working on one for her daughter too. ;) However....they live in TX....hehe...so I am not sure that they will ever need to put them to use...but just in case they ever go skiing or come north to visit...lol! I am also making her some other things as well....but we'll just let the rest of the things be a surprise (as she does read my blog...;)

I have also been working on dish cloths. Some for an order I am filling, some for friends and some for family! I would like to get some new patterns to try for things as well....but we have just been so busy with the play and life in general that I am just sticking to the basics pretty much till things sloooowwww down! :)

The play starts tomorrow. We are at the church hours before it starts....getting everyone dressed, made up with make up, eating supper etc. So it will make for some long afternoon/nights....but I really enjoy my church family...so I look forward to it. And since I am doing the nursery during the play....I get to care for the babies that need taken care of!!! Yippee!!! I can't wait to hold some wee ones!!! And if there is a night that their aren't any little ones to watch ~ I will take my knitting to work on!

OHHH...and did I tell you...we are basically sold out? We have tickets, but not for sale....just so we have an approximate number of people who are coming each of the 4 nights of the show. I think the room holds 300 or so. People can still come without a ticket...but if you don't have a ticket, you get seated last. Last night we had a prayer time with the cast and crew and our preacher and we also took communion. I cried and cried and bawled. I pray that each person that comes has a renewal of their faith or is saved! :)

And one last thing before I go...I wanted to ask, if you can remember in your prayer times, please lift up my great uncle Perry. He is having some critical heart issues and surgery. It is a very crucial time for him right now and I just ask for prayers to be sent up on his behalf if you remember. My grandmother...who has Alzheimer's...is having a difficult time with it, as is my great aunt Jo. Prayers for family are much appreciated as well. I know you don't *know* them but God does and will know exactly who you are praying for and why! Thank you so much!

Best wishes for a wonderful weekend everyone! :)


11 comments:

  1. I hope your play is everything and more that you plan for it to be. Blessings to your family and prayers,too. Be blessed. Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your family members will be in my prayers . . . actually I just said a quick prayer for them.

    Such a quick knitter, I'll never be that fast. Oh well, it's still fun!

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for your family and for a successful play.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do hope and pray all will be well with your family. LOVE your new photo!! You are so pretty!!
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was like man that hat is soooo perfect..then I read on..YAY!! :) I got all misty eyed and choked up!! Thanks Katy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    That's so great the play is 'sold out!'

    And of course your family is in my prayers.

    Nighty Night.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those knittin needles must click like crrrrrazy now! I'M SO UTTERLY impressed.
    Also want you to know I"m prayin for your family.
    Holykisses!
    Lea

    ReplyDelete
  7. Katy, first of all, I am praying for your Uncle and his family. I have been through very similar things with both parents and know how stressful and scary it can be.
    Your knitting is coming along great!
    And like you, I am praying that every person that ses the play with walk away with renewed faith & spirit. And those that are not yet saved will open their hearts to Jesus and become saved.
    This time of the year, I find myself in tears nearly all the time. Tears of sadnesss for what the Lord had to do for us, and at the same time, from the sheer JOY that He loved us so much to GIVE His precious Son's life for our's. And the fact that Jesus was WILLING to die for us! Having a child of my own, I cannot fathom how He did it! But I am extremely grateful that He did!
    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Katy - I would love some of your dish cloths! How do I order some or are taking any orders? Such talent! It makes me want to start knitting again. ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  9. congratulations on being sold out!
    I know the play will be awesome.
    Your dear uncle will , of course, be in many prayers at this time......
    Keep those needles clicking. I know they bring you great peace...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Katy,
    I`m so excited for you about this play!!!Also,Your knitting looks great.
    I just prayed on your great uncle`s behalf as well.God is so good and uses all circumstances for His glory.
    Hope your play is going well.
    Love and blessings,
    Toni

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE the dishclothes! I knit too but I literally know just the basic stitch.

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy