Thursday, April 16, 2009

America United!

So...I attended a Tea Party yesterday. It was great! Although rainy and icky out...lots of people from our small town attended!!! They are guessing 400+! There were thousands of these held nationwide and hundreds of thousands of people in attendance! :)


Some call us extremists or fanaticals....honestly...I just want this country to go back to it's core beliefs and roots. I don't want my kids and grandkids trying to pay off all the debt this country has incurred. So...if that is the definition of an extremist...I guess I am one! :o)

If you are not following this....you really should be. It isn't about politics. It's not about democrats and republicans. It's about spending toooo much money that our country doesn't have. It's putting generations into debt. It's about keeping government from getting bigger. It's about wanting the government to follow the Constitution! Do you realize this affects you...and your kids...and your grandkids? Freedom is being lost and many are just letting it happen. The government works for you....not the other way around! :)

Watch this short lil highlight video from Fox News. Be inspired. Know your rights! Thousands upon thousands of brave men and women have fought and died for our freedoms that we all enjoy. Lets not let their fighting be in vain.


My little patriots.....


Stand up for your rights and beliefs! :)


Our mock "Boston Tea Party"....




14 comments:

  1. Very cool, Katie! Nashville had a had a pretty large gathering at the capitol building and several smaller surrounding communities participated also.

    Blessings,
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe the same as you. Things should be OK for every generation, not just ours. Our kids are in for it if something doesn't change. I didn't vote for Obama, btw ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel it is a shame that our country is where it is today. Too many people have gone along with the flow for far to long. Thank you for taking a stand!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I watched some of the Fox news last night. I am very worried for all of our futures. I just don't know if all of this can be fixed.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katy,

    It's great for me to see your kids there. They are the ones at risk the most, like you said. And to know that you all studied the Constitution first and they knew why they were there, is so awesome.

    If they do something like this again and we don't have one in our area, we're organizing it!

    I think just like you do and I totally agree! I admire you and your family for your stand. This is what we all must do to make a difference!

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you!!High 5 from me. There was a huge gathering in Phoenix area. I couldn't make it but listened to Rush and Sean talking about all that was going on. Hugs, Bobbi Jo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so glad you were able to go and take the kids....the media just doesn't get it.....we too are worried about our children and grandchildren....

    ReplyDelete
  8. We didn't have any local Tea Parties here but I watched all the coverage on Fox News. I'm with you, so I guess call me a fanatical too...LOL...

    Hugs,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  9. We didn't have a Tea Party close to us, but we watched on Fox too.
    I think our State Rep (John Boehner) knows our names by heart we call him so much.
    Thanks for taking part!
    I love your blog.
    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  10. I heard about this in the news and all I could think was: "back then" they used to have loose tea, and NOW they're asking people to throw tea BAGS in the river...... what about the environment!?

    I mean.... all of those bags and labels and staples.. why hasn't anyone thought of that?

    Now I see you're using a big barrel.. that's a difference ;) I wonder if you guys ended up with a big barrel of nicely flavoured tea, hahaha..

    Greetings from the netherlands!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome!!!, I wish I could have taken my children, unfortunatley I worked, Great learning experience!!! Plus I have to say I totally 100% agree!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I saw a sign at a local business announcing the tea party. I didn't know what it was all about but now I do. Glad you enjoyed yours. Hope you're having a great day! ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  13. We had one in Baton Rouge, but I had to work.I think it is great that you stand up for what you believe in. To bad the weather was not a little nicer.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh cool Katy, you too are involved! I proudly sport my TEA PARTY bumper stickers. We live near our state capitol, so everyone in our area met there. Over 5000 showed up!!! I am praying that this grass roots movement explodes expotentially and soon. Did you hear talk about the national hosting of another TEA PARTY on the 4th of July? I think that would be simply grand! I am praying that God will bless all of these efforts. God bless your efforts Katy! :)

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy