Thursday, July 24, 2008

Weight Loss Update and a Recipe!!!


Hello! Well...today was weigh in day for me at the doctor's office! I am happy to report, I have lost another 2 lbs!!! I am so excited and thanked God the whole way home. Losing weight is not easy for me and I only get through it with prayer! This is a weight loss of 28 lbs since May 1st of this year. Woohoo!


I found a recipe in one of my Kraft food magazines that I get...and tried it...and it is awesome! I misread the nutritional info though...*blushes*...and ate a serving thinking it was healthy...LOL. OOPS! It isn't horrid or anything in nutritional value...but it made me go over in points without realizing it! Thankfully...I didn't realize this till today...AFTER I got weighed in. I would have been stressing if I hadn't lost those 2 lbs...haha! Anyway....the recipe is for Chicken Manicotti. It is super good and everyone in my family loved it! It wasn't difficult to make either! If you would like the recipe...go HERE! *in the recipe it calls for broccoli...i forgot to get some at the market, so I used cauliflower..and it worked great!*

Thank you all for your wood stove and heating suggestions and encouragement! I really appreciate it! I hope you all have a fantastic Thursday!

18 comments:

  1. WOO HOO!! 2 lbs is awesome!! Dont you just feel lighter when you see those numbers start to go down?!
    Have a great day!
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Katie!!! ou are doing awesome!!! And that dish looks delish!! Have a wonderful day my friend!!~Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for you Katy!!! I am planning on starting my diet this weekend. I'm cleaning unhealthy junk out of my kitchen today and grocery shopping tomorrow. I know I'm going to need lots of prayers. I need to lose about 80lbs. UGH!! I know I'm going to do it this time though. I love the Kraft Food & Family magazines. When I get it I go through it with my points finder and write the points value beside the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your weight loss! That is awesome! And your recipe looks so good. I love broccoli and cauliflower, so it's right up my alley.
    Your graphics are some of the cutest I have seen!
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love Stumbleupon! If you sign up, come find me. I will Stumble your page (it will bring you more traffic) and please, feel free to Stumble me. I have a link at the end of my posts. If you sign up, you can download their toolbar...I love it! Gosh, it sounds like I am working for them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your recent weight loss. You go girl. You just hand in there and it will come off. I admire you for sticking with it. That first day is always so hard for me. I need to drop a little weight myself, I just wish I could be as motivated as you

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great news, Katy!

    Have a happy day, my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. 2 lbs is wonderful!!! And 28 pounds since May is amazing!!! I thought I was doing well to have 29 since April - well I still do, but still, 28 since May.....you rock!!! Losing weight is very, very hard. Look forward to following your journey and offering support - and receiving it as well as you are doing awesome! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. great job!!! seriously.. i can tell!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Katy, the weight loss is wonderful! And the dish looks delicious. Deb

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great news Katy you are doing AWESOME. :)

    Hugs,
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great job Katy!! You are doing great. Thanks for visiting me and I started homeschooling Brittni when she was in 8th grade.

    I am going to have to try your recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on your continued weight loss, Katy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That`s so great Katy!!!I`m so happy for you!!Have a great night!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ok, I'm cutting out the pasta and then I'll try it too!

    I'm still doing Atkins myself.. and I'm down 23 pounds sp far! (I love your lbs-system, because 23 pounds lost sounds SO much better than 'just' 12 kilos *lol*)

    Greetings from holland!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations, Katy! You are doing great...keep it up! That dish looks delicious!
    ~Kelli

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy