Monday, July 7, 2008

Invitations

Above is a picture of some of the invites I made for Madelyn's birthday party on Sunday. They are simple...nothing too fancy...but they served the purpose well. I made many more than that...but already sent them out...and they all basically look the same! :) She is so excited for her party and so excited to be 7 yrs old!

I still have to finish planning her party. I think I have everything for it....and I have a great idea for the cake. I was going to use cupcakes and form them into looking like a pineapple and then cutting a round cake into the leaves on top! Think that will work? I gotta get organized with it all! :)

This is a pic of me....(before I touched up my makeup...LOL) on the day I went to pick up Chris at the airport from his mission trip in Romania! My aunt (who owns a salon) did my hair and once I fixed my make up....I think it looked nice all together. The necklace I have on in the pic is 2 pieces of a heart....one side says Christopher and the other side says Kate (they never have things spelled with Katy...with a Y) and they are magnetic in the middle and stay together!!! I wore that when I met him there too! He liked it!!

11 comments:

  1. Those invites are great! Sounds like such a fun party. Being 7 is wonderful!

    And you, my dear, look breathtaking! Whoohoo!

    Smiles,
    Lea

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look beautiful! I bet you're glad to have him home now. How was it? Tell all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good, Katy! And those invites are too cute! My oldest turned 7 in March. Where does the time go???

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your invites Katy! Can't wait to see birthday party pics! I like your hair in your pic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the invitations! I love simple invitations and especially when they're homemade!

    You look great, Katy! I love your hair!

    I know you're glad to have your hubby back home and all your eggs in the nest! (I felt that way after getting home from camp!) I missed my hubby and son!

    Have a great week!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the invatatios!!You look beautiful in that picture!!Your hair looks really nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea for a cake!! Cup cakes seem to always make things much simpler with kids, hope everyting turns out great.
    blessins'
    Shayne Louree

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the invites and I love your photo, you looked so happy :)

    Have a great day.

    Hugs,
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your just adorable!! And what a sweet family photo, so glad your family is all together again!

    ReplyDelete
  10. you look great & the invitations turned out cute! have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look beautiful (your hair is simply gorgeous!) and I'm so thankful that your husband is back home!!! :) Your birthday invitations are adorable.

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy