Tuesday, July 8, 2008

VBS-Sports Camp

This year...in place of our normal VBS at church...we are doing the "Beyond The Gold~ Mega Sports Camp". There are different sports that the kids could pick from. There is basketball, soccer, cheerleading, and baseball! It is for ages 4 and up and they have a "lil squirts" class for the 2 and 3 yr olds! Each night has a different theme....Teamwork, Perserverance, Respect, Sacrifice, Strategy. They all have key sports stories with them as well as bible stories and key points to go along with the lessons! As well as the lessons learned, the children learn things from the sport they chose to participate in for the week!
I am the cheerleading head coach. We have mostly 4-5 yr olds...but a few older girls as well! They all really seem to enjoy it. I think we have over 60 kids participating total. (it may even be more...I am not sure). It is a really great program that kids love and learn a lot from. Plus it promotes exercise, good character, teamwork and it makes learning bible stories a lot of fun! If you need to come up with ideas for your church's VBS and outreach....I totally recommend this program. You can click the link I put above if you want...or read the FAQ's HERE!
Wow....this whole post seemed like an advertisement, huh? LOL I was just going to share how that is what I have been doing with my evenings this week....and just wanted to emphasize how great it is! :)

10 comments:

  1. That looks so cool Katy! One year Jase did a soccer day camp at a local church and each day they focused on a different Fruit of the Spirit. At 18, he still hasn't forget the impact it had on his life. What a great opportunity!

    Blessings,
    Lea

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's wonderful Katy! Our church is putting on a Sports VBS this summer as well. Have a great time with the kids!

    -Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool to do sports and learn about the Bible!! And you must be exhausted!!LOL...Glad your having so much fun!! Take care!~Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks very rewarding--kids will remember that always. Have a great time!! Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. That`s great Katy!!I`ll have to check out the site!!Maybe our church would want to do something like that in the future!!Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi-
    Your VBS sounds fun. Speaking from experience it's a lot of work but so much fun!! (for the kids and you too!)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!
    Would you like to exchange links?

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute site you have. I can't wait to get to know you and appreciate the comment on my garden at my site. Hope your VBS week is going great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks like a great theme! Promoting fitness and God's word! Can't beat that! We are doing a rainforest theme for our VBS.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just wanted to stop by and say HI :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That sounds awesome, Katy! And I can't think of a better person to be the cheerleading coach than you!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy