Thursday, July 3, 2008

Joyous Reunion

My sweet love is back home!!! I couldn't be happier! We had a FANTASTIC reunion! I couldn't blog about it in case he saw it...but now that he is back..i can! :)

I surprised him by meeting him at the airport! He was soooo happy and surprised! Then I had gotten us a hotel (so we could have alone time...plus it was late and would be a 3 hr drive home from the airport). He was so so happy....which made me THRILLED!

He wrote in his journal to me while he was gone. He wrote what they did and also how much he loved me and missed me terribly. I can not even describe to you how truly happy I am that he is home again with me.

He has told me about Romania and I also read it in his journal to me...I will talk a little about it...but I hate to say too much when I wasn't actually there. I don't know that I will describe it perfectly...know what I mean?

The pics are some, that a girl that went, took. She took over 1,000 pics!!!! WOW! (I have only seen about 170 of them though). Here is my honey on a horse. I don't know why he is on a horse though...LOL. I will have to ask him.... Here they are making cabbage rolls for a food outreach thing they did. (Chris didn't want his picture taken...thus the closed eyes. I guess he thought if he couldn't see the camera..that it couldn't see him either...ROFL!)

Here they are moving gravel. They had literally tons of it to move. (I believe this was cleaning up around the church that was being built.)

Here he is sitting with one of the Romanian children over there...I guess, showing the boy how his Gerber tool works.
They handed out shoeboxes full of stuff for kids in the orphanages, they worked on and around the church being built, did community outreaches with food and blankets and visited families who didn't have much.

Chris said he even felt the Holy Spirit move the one night when the pastor was telling them that he had a dream that they would come to help them with the church. He said it is the first time he has ever felt that and it was amazing! :)

Chris said it was a good experience and hoped they planted seeds with the people...but when people asked if he would ever return to do more work there....he said "not till the kids are older and my wife can go with me". :)

Thanks so much for your support and encouragement and prayers! They are all soo soo appreciated! We had a surprise welcome home picnic for him last night too. LOL (I was just full of surprises for him. hehe) My sister took a couple pics of us there for me...(my camera's batteries are about dead) so when she uploads them and sends them to me...I will share those with you!!!


***Today was weigh in day.....I went to the dr's and got weighed.... and found out I didn't lose anything this week. :( I didn't gain..which is good...but I didn't lose. But since I lost 5 lbs last week...I shouldn't be surprised. I have still been eating so good and careful but I must have hit a plateau. I will keep on keeping on though! :o)

17 comments:

  1. I'm glad that your hubby had a fabulous time... and I like how you're ad-libbing for his pictures... hee hee. "I'm not sure why he's on a horse!" hee hee. You sound giddy to have him home!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so so happy for you Katy!! You have an awesome hubby!! Thanks for sharing the photos. And how special for you to have all those suprises for him too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear that everything went wonderful as planned, and I bet you are so glad to have him back home safe & sound......

    Have a great 4th with your family!
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you have a wonderful reunion and it sounds like his trip was truly productive. Glad to hear that you are so happy to have him home again, and that you had such a special surprised planned for his return! Have a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad for you Katy! I kept checking your blog to see if Chris got home ok! I bet the kids were delighted too!

    Love and hugs,
    Tina :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just stopping by to wish all my friends a happy 4th of July. God Bless
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy for you both my friend!!! I know you have come away from this experience with something that will last a lifetime!! Take care and enjoy being with your man!!;0)....Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhhh... everyone's together again! Enjoy reconnecting and have a wonderful 4th of July tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to see that he's back safe and sound! What an unforgettable experience he had! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. YEAH!! Reunited! I am so glad Chris was pleased with your special plans to surprise him. I hope you made some memories to last a lifetime. Enjoy your weekend together!

    hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Way to go!! I'm sure your hubby so appreciated you. Hope you have a safe and fun weekend. Julie

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad that Chris is home safely!
    What a wonderful surprise to meet him at the airport!!!
    Take care my friend.
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  13. I`m so glad Chris is home safe and sound!!How awesome that he got to experience the Holy Spirit move!!!Thank you so much for sharing this experience with us Katy!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So glad that everything went well and you are all together again safe and sound. Thank you for sharing the photo's, it's neat to see the work being done in the Lord's name around the world<><
    Blessins'
    Shayne Louree

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm glad he is home again. All is right with the world now, isn't it, Katy? :-) It looks like he had a fantastic time.

    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  16. Katy, how great that Chris was able to minister so many during his time away. Very cool!

    Smiles,
    Lea

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Katy!

    Glad you liked the pictures. I did take a lot of them! haha But at least we'll have them :)

    I just wanted to let ya know...the boy that Chris is with in the picture that he's showing him how his Gerber tool works...his name is Andre. He was a few years younger than me, but he can speak English and French (was actually the top student in his classes and had just gotten back from a trip to some other country because of it). We went to the Monastery and had a picnic with his family, then we stayed at his house for the evening. (They live up the road from that shoe place that we went to)Their family was so kind, and sooo much fun!! I wish I had a way to get in touch with them again. Unfortunately, Rachel has the email and I never got it. I don't know if Chris filled you in on who he was, so I though I'd tell you. Andre had two younger brothers, Flavi and Ovi, and they absolutely LOVED Chris and Mike. It was cute. :)

    Gabbie

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy