Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Chickens and Imagination Station!!!

I absolutely, positively LOVE when my kids use their imaginations and have fun playing outside! They found this area right along the line of the woods we have that they have made into their clubhouse! It is sooo cute! Notice in the pic below...the path up the lil hill to them? That's the doorway/hallway! I have named their clubhouse "Imagination Station"...hehe!

And here is a closer look at them all in their clubhouse.....it all looks like a mess...but I let them use random things to set up as a "kitchen sink" and "table" etc....a rock here...a block there...whatever they need to make it theirs! :)

And right up where X is standing (in the pic below) is not the ONLY part of the clubhouse....oh no....it is a LARGE clubhouse. It has back rooms down behind where X is standing and everything! The kids play out there alot...and LOVE it!!!

I just couldn't resist a close up picture of Jaxson in his boots....hehe. Actually, they are X's boots...but Jaxson puts them on cuz they are quick and easy for him! He's so funny!

And, I realized that I hadn't talked about the "girls" in a while...and thought I would give you an update! They are doing well and producing eggs like pros again which I am happy to report....although washing all the eggs isn't one of my favorite pastimes...LOL.

This girl (below)....I don't know what she is doing. She isn't laying in one of the laying boxes...so either she is laying an egg right there...or she thinks she will hatch one out? I dunno! LOL Or...maybe she was just resting? LOL

Ahhhh....free to roam for a few hours! They love when they get to free range outside of the chicken run! Aren't they so pretty? I just love the girls!!!

I hope you all have had a lovely Tuesday and have an equally or more enjoyable Wednesday! Blessings! xoxo

14 comments:

  1. I love the club house!! My kids do that too!Its so great to see them use their imaginations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pictures, Katy! It reminds me of the "tent" my cousin and I used to make at my grandmothers' house- she had and old blanket and a tree limb just the right height... we would throw that blanket over the limb and "pitch our tent" and play outlaws for HOURS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable kids you have Katy! and the 'girls' are darling! You won't see anything like that HERE where I live. It's like we live different worlds lol. I really gotta come visit you someday . Looks like home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely kids, clubhouse and chickens, I hope the lady was just resting, my friend at Front Porches,Sweet Tea, and Old Aprons just lost one from the heat. You have some beautys. Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, you just brought back wonderful memories for me Katy! When I was little, my cousin and I would build clubhouses similar to that...it was so much fun!!! We had great imaginations! My kids did that too, but not to the extent I did as a child..LOL
    Thanks for the post!
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  6. Imaginative play is my favorite! How fun to see your kids enjoying their special "clubhouse."

    Have a great day, Katy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh fun site! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I really enjoyed your comments. You are sweet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your kids are too cute! Using the imagination is so important and so many kids today do not have that opportunity. Good for you to allow them to have that special time.
    And your "girls" are so cute! Reminds me of growing up. We always had chickens.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I love their clubhouse! What a great idea. Glad to see them playing so great together too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the Imagination Station!! I want to play in it!! :o) We used to have "forts" growing up...so much fun!

    Thanks for the pictures of your "girls." I love to look at them and wish I had some of my own....maybe one day... :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Katy!

    I think we're going to be friends! I looked at your "about me" page. We have a lot in common. I only found your blog a few days ago. I really enjoy visiting here. I'm going to put you on my favorite blogs list on my blog.

    Thank you so much for your kind comments on my blog.

    God bless you and don't forget to check monthly! ~smile~

    God bless you, your family, and your girls!

    Laura of Harvest Lane

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are too sweet to keep visiting me on my blog! Thank you! Your kids are precious. I could watch my kids play this way all day too! Now that is real play, none of this video game stuff...
    Love your chickens too. That was a sweet gift you gave to Elise. I know it meant a lot to her.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What cute kiddies!! I love it when they use their imaginations also!!
    You make me want to move to the country and raise chickens. I would love the eggs.
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  14. There is just nothing like a club house to spark imaginative play. One of the best times I recall is moving all the furniture around and throwing blankets over them to make rooms & tunnels. So much fun!

    The girls are darling!

    Smiles,
    Lea

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy